Video playing in WInamp or other MEdia players is WHITISH !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Ok guys, here is a strange problem that Im facing...

Wenever I play any movie file using sny of these MEdia Players---> WInamp, VLC, Div X, Nero MEdia Player...

the movie appears to be White in color (as if the Contrast and/or brightness) has been increased to the ALMOST full MAX..

I DO not knw wat the problem is, i tried reinstalling the Media Players, but no help... ( the settings for Brightness and contrast for my Monitor is good, set to 20 each)

Please help..

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well, ok i got that...

but i dnt think its with the Graphics card setting.. coz rest of the settings for my monitor is OK, i mean (i hope u hv read my problem above) that all the thing is OK its only with the Video wen it is played using any media player (Winamp, WMP, VLC, Nero, Div X) that the video is WHITEish in color .

Even the media player's GUI is at a normal color setting...

So.. any help !! :(

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yes man, I did read your post. This setting, if you mess with this, only the playing video gets affected. Not the UI. Just like your problem. Thats why I suggested it. In my nVidia control panel theres this video color options, and in that there are color settings as well as brightness/contrast settings. check them and change them to get this solved.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yuu, buddy i was able to solve it... (the pic below)
*img7.pictiger.com/9de/15483704_th.jpg
But wats the correct settings for all these parameters ?? (i mean i knw im not exact in setting these values) so may be u can help me in this too !! and i guess those above settings were the DEFAULT ones i guess?? coz it migh hv got changed automatically (afaik) wen i installed a new version of forceware driver for my nVIDIA Force 7600 GS (256 MB)

Cheers n e-peace.. :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Are you sure you have the latest? Because mine is the latest, and it seems different.

*img501.imageshack.us/img501/5751/82394129gs6.jpg
*img501.imageshack.us/img501/5751/82394129gs6.2749a3a7ef.jpg

Anyway if you dont have the "use player's settings" option try 50/50/0/100 for the options...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
oops, will check on tat

btw, wats the correct settings for all these parameters ?? (i mean i knw im not exact in setting these values)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Dheeraj

I jus installed the latest drive for my nVIDIA Ge Force 7600 GS (256 MB) AGP card from the nVIDIA site, its 175.16 ( approx, 35 MB d/load)

SO, my Resolution has been automatically fixed to 1440 x 900 at 60 Hz and High COlor, no doubt the reso looks awesome :D:D

but wen i selected the 1280 x 760 reso option, the text for Icons as well as crispness of isons all disappeared, and i was not getting a clearer view, why is that ?? :(:( wat shud be done if i want to get a clearer reading of text and icon crispness at 1280 x 760 ??

Cheers n e-peace....

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
You wont get clarity and crispness at 1280x760. It is not the monitor's native resolution. So, simply saying, only 1440x900 gives clarity and crispness. All other resolutions are just present to run games. Backward compatibility.

Why this is, is games can automatically render the correct size of their objects fit to the resolution it is played in, while windows does not do that.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I think your monitor's native resolution is 1440x900 as said by dheeraj. On an LCD, any other resolution will not give you the same clarity as the native resolution. If at that resolution text looks small then you can change that from display properties. However, if you have a 19 incher, text size should also be fine.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
You wont get clarity and crispness at 1280x760. It is not the monitor's native resolution. So, simply saying, only 1440x900 gives clarity and crispness. All other resolutions are just present to run games. Backward compatibility.

Why this is, is games can automatically render the correct size of their objects fit to the resolution it is played in, while windows does not do that.

I think your monitor's native resolution is 1440x900 as said by dheeraj. On an LCD, any other resolution will not give you the same clarity as the native resolution. If at that resolution text looks small then you can change that from display properties. However, if you have a 19 incher, text size should also be fine.

Ok, so by NATIVE RESOLUTION, does it mean tat my monitor LCD is meant to support the best reso wich is 1440x900 ?

U mean its the default as well as the best reso (automatically set for my LCD) ? right !

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yes. The native resolution is the maximum resolution supported by an LCD monitor, in which the display is clear and sharp. So 1440x900 is the default and the best one for you.

And remember to use ClearType Tuner from microsoft, or the text looks like it needs to go to the gym :D

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom