video playback problem on FC6 using VLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cranky

Broken In
Hi, I have some problem in playing video, I use VLC media player on FC6. The problem is, when i press play button, it plays but as soon as i click on the video for fullscreen OR if i seek forward the video goes black and nothing can be seen. What could be the problem?

I get these messages if i run it from the command-line: -
Code:
main warning: can't store message (Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character): found Chunk fourcc:1aef4e3c (
main warning: can't store message (Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character): found Chunk fourcc:1aef4e4c (
main warning: can't store message (Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character): found Chunk fourcc:1aef4e3c (
main warning: can't store message (Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character): found Chunk fourcc:1aef4e4c (

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
See *forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=96876&sid=c107f3049d4f2963daafb5375236cf51 if this can help

eddie

El mooooo
Are you by any chance using AIGLX and any Intel based graphics adapter? If yes then that is your problem. VLC is using xvideo (or xv in short) driver and it is a known bug in Intel xvideo driver with AIGLX.

The work around is to try and use X11 driver in VLC but remember the output will be crappy and your video playback might also be very slow in full screen. I would recommend trying mplayer or xine with front ends of your choice like kmplayer (for mplayer) or kaffeine (for xine). Another thing you can do is to disable AIGLX i.e. ofcourse if you can live without all the cool GUI effects.

OP
C

cranky

Broken In
Thanx for all the replies.
That's true I use AIGLX on Intel 845G onboard graphics, the video is all right if i disable the desktop effects :( ..... guess I have to download Mplayer then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom