Video Encoding: For Beginners

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Try changing the Codec ID to A_DTS - How??
Try Remuxing file using MKVtoolnix ( Handbrake MKV muxing mode can be dodgy sometimes ) - No change.
Try playing using a different player ( ditch KMplayer use Potplayer ) like MPC-HC - No change. Used VLC.
Check Soundcard settings - Its okay.

OP
R

RahulB

Journeyman
@anirbandd Try changing the Codec ID to A_DTS - How??
In mkvtoolnix (MMG.exe) open header editor [ File -> Header editor ]

In the header editor Load the File
Under Audio Track
- Coderc ID [ Change A9 to A_DTS ]

File -> Save

Hope this helps

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
there seems to be some problem with the DTS passthru in mp4 extension [using mp4 only for direct playability on TV]. its working allright in mkv.

i tried using aac and ac3 (ffmpeg) for audio. with aac i could not make the audio 5.1 ch. it always came down to 2 ch. however, ac3 supported 5.1ch. which one is better? ac3 or aac?

satinder

DELHIITE
Liked the HandBrake for Video Conversion.
But It takes too much time.
But Quality is good for beginners like me.
CPU Usage is almost 100%.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can any one tell me why there appears to be horizontal lines (all over the video) whenever I export any video from Adobe Premiere after editing?
Like whenever there is some kind of motion in the video, those lines appears, although subtly, but all over the video.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Liked the HandBrake for Video Conversion.
But It takes too much time.
But Quality is good for beginners like me.
CPU Usage is almost 100%.

it takes too much time coz you have all the settings on higher side, ie, for high quality.

decrease the settings, especially the bitrate and Reference frames.

CPU usage WILL be 100%. encoding video is fully CPU oriented, and dependant on the no. of cores.

Can any one tell me why there appears to be horizontal lines (all over the video) whenever I export any video from Adobe Premiere after editing?
Like whenever there is some kind of motion in the video, those lines appears, although subtly, but all over the video.

yeah.. i have seen those on some poorly encoded movies.

can you give a screenie of the detailed video conversion setting window???

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^as good and as advanced and as customisable as handbrake??

in video encoding faster = badder quality.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
so does handbrake. ;)

anyway... i just prefer handbrake. its more manual, and keep you in control.

RBX

In the zone

Although you asked it very long ago, if anyone is still wondering I think what you needed was de-interlacing.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Although you asked it very long ago, if anyone is still wondering I think what you needed was de-interlacing.

Yea. That was a long time ago.
Now I just create a new Video track in Premiere from one of the existing video clip, and never face the same problem again. :D

jalal

Right off the assembly line
Thank you so much for your great post. I think it will really help the beginner. Thank you again.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Site bookmarked but it can use for blurring some area of video like If I create a video on banking and want to blur login area?

I already have a one of software which work but size of video is heavy and also whole video quality become very bad.

Top Bottom