Victorinox swiss knife

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
Hello to all
I will be buying a a victorinox swiss knife that i will carry with me all the time even at college or puplic places or anyother place

so i have few questions regarding victorinox swiss knife
Q 1. Is it leagal to carry victorinox swiss knife eveytime and everywhere (public places) ?
Q 2. Currently i want to purchase 15 tool victorinox swiss knife, because it have blade, scissor, screwdriver, good grip, wood saw, wire striper and can opener which are must have, though i also want a plier, file and a flash drive in it so suggest me a model which will have all these ?

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
It should be fine to carry it in public places(hoping you don't have any criminal intent :p). In places where they have metal detectors and scanners like malls, metro, etc. they might frisk you and ask for the reason of carrying such a thing though.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
It should be fine to carry it in public places(hoping you don't have any criminal intent :p). In places where they have metal detectors and scanners like malls, metro, etc. they might frisk you and ask for the reason of carrying such a thing though.
thank you very much to clear that thing :)
I don't have criminal intent (if nobody try to mess with me :p ) though i have intent for self defence (as you know na that delhi is not a safe place )

In places where they have metal detectors and scanners like malls, metro, etc. they might frisk you and ask for the reason of carrying such a thing though.
i will tell them that since i am a student so i need scissor to cut printouts to do my assignmets in college (doing assignmets at home should be illegal :D indeed assingments should be taken as crime against students :p )
and it is needed to carry digital assignements and i use it to do some metal works in metal workshop classes
also my face looks like an innocent boy's face :D (don't laugh :p )
so i hope they will believe me :D

and which knife you will recommend strictly according to my needs ?

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well I see why you want one. Truth is even I carry a Swiss knife in my backpack coz of the many handy tools. Though the one I use is of very cheap quality and came as a freebie with something. I am not so sure about what the best one will be for you. May be others can help.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Its legal, but get pepper spray for defense
This is a utility tool, not a weapon
If you make it a habit to take it everywhere, be careful in advance of places where they are not allowed (college fests, concerts etc)

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
thanks to all to help me out :)

after many hours of reading about many swiss knifes, i decided to go with either outrider (because its knife is locable) or 15 tool swiss knife (on flipkart) because both meet my requirements (but not all requirements)

i will buy them from any of these locations (in link)
Store Finder - Victorinox Swiss Army

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
You want victorinox only? Check out gerber (bear grylls edition is cool) or leatherman also, their multi-tools have everything you want except for usb drive

kneo

Broken In
Leatherman is a tad better than gerber in terms of solid build. Get one from amazon if you can have someone carry it for you. It'll be a bit costlier from India. Once you use leatherman you'll not go back to victorinox

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i just checked the gerber and leatherman on their websites
i found that they look more dangerous and looks like dedicated tool,
since i need a compact multi tool (which doesnot look like a dedicated tools) , and i need it for home/college use only so i am back to victorinox :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
You worried about pliers? It looks like that only when all the tools are out. Get what you like though, a victorinox is fine too, esp for the usb. just make sure it has that shield with the cross on handle.

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
i can manage without pliers
knife with usb have very limited functions (compromising other functions) so skipping usb too
so i decided to go for 15 tool or outrider
Flipkart.com | Victorinox Outrider Pocket Swiss Knife - Pocket Knife
Flipkart.com | Victorinox 15 Tool Swiss Knife -

i will buy them from local stores (address given in victorinox website)
so i will keep in mind to check to sheild with + sign in it
also i will look for the word "victorinox" on largest blade (as instructed at their website)
to make sure its genuine ;)

OP
truegenius

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
ok guys
i want to buy this knife
Flipkart.com | Victorinox Outrider Pocket Swiss Knife - Pocket Knife
but i didn't find any "outrider" knife in victorinox's website

so is it a fake knife or genuine victorinox swiss army knife ?

Top Bottom