viable printing solution under 3k

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey ppl, i gotta get a printer for my cousin. he basically needs a color printer and wants it for printing his projects and assignments which basically consist of text a some graphics (photos to be precise). which color inkjet printer under rs.3000 do you ppl suggest? i dun want a high-end printing solution.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Entry-level inkjet printers by various manufacturers are pretty good these days. E.g., the HP DJ3745 is about 2.2 - 2.5k (depending on location) and print quality and speed are quite good. In Fast Draft mode speed is comparable to a laser printer. For me, Fast Draft printout is good enough for most business letters and ink usage is quite economical too. Others will have their own favourites.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I'd recommend you Canon's S200 series .. I have SPX and its the best printer for home use .. Use far less ink and the cartridge is easily availible and very low in cost ..(Only Rs. 480 comparing to HP's Rs. 1400) ... You can refill it at home if you feel adventurous like I am .. Great printer ..

arclight

Broken In
canon BJC-200 SP is a very good bet under 3k. i think it costs around 2.6k. if you can expand your budget to 4.5k, you can get HP 3 in 1 printer which has scanner and copier also. model no. is HP 1315.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As I said earlier, we all have our favourites. One factor I forgot to mention before (which in fact made me switch to HP) is that HP printers are not at all finicky about paper. I feed it copier paper, thin typing paper, crumpled paper, gummed stickers and labels, thick stiff envelopes, etc., and it takes them all in its stride without jamming. A new black ink cartridge costs about 700/-.

tuxfan

Technomancer
it_waaznt_me said:
I'd recommend you Canon's S200 series .. I have SPX and its the best printer for home use .. Use far less ink and the cartridge is easily availible and very low in cost ..(Only Rs. 480 comparing to HP's Rs. 1400) ... You can refill it at home if you feel adventurous like I am .. Great printer ..

I agree whole heartedly.

I've got a Canon PIXMA i1000 for Rs. 2575 and it does a good job. Additionally, the recurring costs are pretty low as compared to HP mainly because in HP when you change the ink cartridge, you also change the printer head whether it needs replacement or not!! Whereas in Canon, when you change in the ink tank, the old head remain as it is thereby reducing the cost. Replace it only when you want. :)

There are self help refilling kits available. They are pretty simple to use. Just use them but after your warranty period os over otherwise it will make the warranty void :x

valtea

In the zone
earlier i was using canon HP 3220 and i switched over to canon pixma 1000i because HP ink costs too much. but i just refill them about 3-4 times and in that way the cost of new printer (difference between new ink and refiled ones) is profited.
Canon doesa great job.
Before buying check the test print, and how many pages the printer can print (practically take only 80% of the pages they claim and remember the no. of pages that they will tell you is only for text printing of about 70% text.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lexmark printers sux when it comes to cost effectiveness .. My freind bought a Lexmark for Rs. 2000 and after some pics of Aishwarya and some college printouts, he went to buy the cartridge .. guess how much it cost .. ? Rs. 1600 ONLY .. Buy anything .. dont buy Lexmark .. Go for Canon ..

busyanuj

In the zone
go for Hewlett-Packard 3745 series printer. I use it for my printing jobs, it works fine. Fastdraft mode is sufficient for most print jobs. I have no problems what-so-ever.

tuxfan

Technomancer
For inkjets, Canon (or at most HP). For dot matrix Epson. I think these are pretty well settled brands now and we don't need to think too much for entry level printers.

Aparajith

Broken In
@ it_waaznt_me and valtea :
Hey Guys, If u refill the ink 2 or 3 times does the quality of the print go down. Is there a lot of noticeable difference between the original and refilled catridges. By the way from what company do u buy the ink for refilling ? Suggest me a good printer for home usage with a low running cost.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. I get this ProDot one .. Hehe .. I refilled one of my black cartridge some 20 or 25 times :p .. it was like while one was being used to print, another was being refilled .. Khair soon after that both the cartridge 's soul left for heavanly abode .. The point is it have a very less cost of ownership ..

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
refilling black cartridges is ok..i've done many times. but refilling color cartridges does deteriorate the quality....but as everyone said...hp cartridges cost a bomb!

krishnathelord

In the zone
canon has stoped production of sp200

one can go for canon pixima 1000 or hp both costing less than 3k
but i have recently heard that lekmark printers are giving hell lot of performance, :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom