VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP Need Drvers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDIF

Custom User Title
I,m Using a k8m800-M2 MotherBoard having a onboard graphic adaptor[VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP], 256+256 DDR[64 MB Shared for Graphic adaptor] and a 80 GB PATA.
Yesterday i installed Open SuSE 10.2 [KDE Enviorment] from PCWORLD DVD. Everything i going fine except my Graphic Adaptor. In My Computer > Display Info It says like this:
Graphic Card: VIA/S3g Unichrome Pro IGP
Vendor: VIA Technologies Inc.
Driver: Unknown

There by i'm hassling with much slow graphic effects when scrooling or opening new windows. I can't play videos. Pls help me finding and install the drivers for my card.
I've ended up looking at *www.viaarena.com
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
people@ubuntuforums having the same mobo and vga as you didn't report any problems except 3d works (gaming etc), so i recommend you should try ubuntu, that may help.

Source : *ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=342115

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
Chester said:
people@ubuntuforums having the same mobo and vga as you didn't report any problems except 3d works (gaming etc), so i recommend you should try ubuntu, that may help.

Source : *ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=342115
Ok i'll try that too! Thanks

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
tech_your_future said:
Why do you ask one question in more than one place. It just disturbs everything.
Sorry if it annoyed you. But i only want someone to help me by reading this topic. Coz no one has a topic made for Driver problems in linux!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
There are some rules to be followed when posting in forums, mailing lists, irc channels, etc. One of them is not to ask one query in every possible place, such that it becomes haphazard and people get confused about the answers as certain parts of the answer is in one place and other part is in different place.
There have been topics on driver problems in linux.

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
tech_your_future said:
There are some rules to be followed when posting in forums, mailing lists, irc channels, etc. One of them is not to ask one query in every possible place, such that it becomes haphazard and people get confused about the answers as certain parts of the answer is in one place and other part is in different place.
There have been topics on driver problems in linux.
Okay Bro next time i'll keep that in mind.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
hello,
I dont use suse or open suse .if u get urself latest ubuntu or debian,try it.most prolly it will detect with Xorg 7.1+ versions.with Xorg 7.1 that card should've got better support.DRI or direct rendering will make the GFX thing cool.try ur DRI support by running "glxgears" afaik this card is for 2D only :(
try cmd lsmod in a terminal;make sure u have
via
drm
via_agp
agpgart
these modules listed.

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
freebird said:
hello,
I dont use suse or open suse .if u get urself latest ubuntu or debian,try it.most prolly it will detect with Xorg 7.1+ versions.with Xorg 7.1 that card should've got better support.DRI or direct rendering will make the GFX thing cool.try ur DRI support by running "glxgears" afaik this card is for 2D only :(
try cmd lsmod in a terminal;make sure u have
via
drm
via_agp
agpgart
these modules listed.
Can you explain what you said. I mean how to start, what to check for and synetx for commands etc.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
i mean open a terminal;
try
Code:
@ubuntu:~$ lsmod
check the output for via,drm,via_agp,agpgart modules listed.
what is happening u may be getting sluggish graphics,try for urself running "glxgears" from a terminal or use ALT+F2 for run cmd enter and run to see...
your card is seems to be better supported for 2D only;though 3D support may be a chance.

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
freebird said:
i mean open a terminal;
try
Code:
@ubuntu:~$ lsmod
check the output for via,drm,via_agp,agpgart modules listed.
what is happening u may be getting sluggish graphics,try for urself running "glxgears" from a terminal or use ALT+F2 for run cmd enter and run to see...
your card is seems to be better supported for 2D only;though 3D support may be a chance.
I got Fedora Core 6 yesterday from drsethi. Now first i'll try FC^. May be it will work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom