VERY URGENT : manually fromated vista on xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
hello,

my name is vamsi. I use to run microsoft windows vista home basic on my pc along with my windows xp sp3, now the problem is i have manually formatted the windows vista drive in windows xp accedentally. i haven't shutted down the pc. when i shutdown will i get any boot error.Because os choosing menu is vista one.If yes, please give me the rectification. I am not dared to shut down. Hoping the answer urgently.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think your windows Vista was installed on a partition other than C: drive, thats why you were able to format it. Since the boot loader information is stored on C: drive, I don't think you'll face any problem while restarting your system. The only problem would be you'll not be able to boot into Vista as you have formatted the partition but the Vista boot loader will still show its entry at startup.

If you don't want to take any chance, then use "Vista Boot Pro" and re-install Vista boot loader. Its very easy.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
i installed xp in c drive. And i installed vista on F drive. And when i boot into vista it is showing F: drive as C:

and what is the way to remove the boot loader from start up, and make windows xp to boot like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom