Very High End Gaming PC assembly

OP
S

sabya

Broken In
I just read about the X79 mobo from Gigabyte the G1.Assassin 2.

The G1.Assassin 2 motherboard comes loaded with
an embedded Killer E2100 NIC,
three PCI Express x16 slots (third gen) for 3-way CrossFire
an integrated Creative X-Fi PCI Express sound card
a WIFI and Bluetooth network card

What about its availability and pricing of the board in India?
Will this mobo can run 2 nos Dual gpu card (giving a quad gpu in sli/cf setup) ?
Will this be a better buy than the already suggested MSI big bang, Rampage 4 ext and Sabertooth keeping in point the productivity to price ratio.

I checked out the sites of Gskill and Corsair
They are saying that its not compatibility is not guaranteed even on using same set of ram to fill up the 8 dimm slots in x79 boards (Using two sets of 16 gb kits)
""G.SKILL guarantees module compatibility within this specific Quad Channel kit. Combining with other memory kit or module(even with same part number) is not recommended to avoid any compatibility issue.""
If so is the problem 8dimm mobos are not practical and the budget gain can be utilized to buy OC'd graphics card

Radeon 7950 was launched today..any idea on availability and price in India??

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Not worth the price(11K)..
Better to go for AuzenTech X-Fi Forte

The generation before the titanium was not worth it. But the Titanium is a game changer.

It has anything and everything to do with the circuits on the PCB. Creative's solution has lower interference and noise. The X-RAM is also useful.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The generation before the titanium was not worth it. But the Titanium is a game changer.

My vote still holds for the AuzenTech X-Fi Forte as it has all features as Titanium Fatal1ty pro at lower cost & better driver support by auzentech...

Also X-Fi Forte has better SNR, swappable Op-amps & inbuilt headphone Amp...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
My vote still holds for the AuzenTech X-Fi Forte as it has all features as Titanium Fatal1ty pro at lower cost & better driver support by auzentech...

Also X-Fi Forte has better SNR, swappable Op-amps & inbuilt headphone Amp...

Exactly more the reason for the titanium. Forte is more music, less gaming.

Tarun

In the zone
Intel Core i7 3960X
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB
7970 x 2
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
CORSAIR H100
Benq G2222HDL 21.5" x 3
Corsair force 3 120GB
NZXT Phantom Crafted Series Cabinet

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ I loled after seeing the cabinet you have suggested in your suggestion. Other components are good though and this will also overshoot OP's budget. :p.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^ I loled after seeing the cabinet you have suggested in your suggestion. Other components are good though and this will also overshoot OP's budget. :p.

Phantam is not that bad for this rig.
I knew op has a budget for more expensive case ..but still i think it's absulately perfect case for stated config.
Atleast i will purchase phantam next year for my bumblebee :p

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Phantam is not that bad for this rig.
I knew op has a budget for more expensive case ..but still i think it's absulately perfect case for stated config.
Atleast i will purchase phantam next year for my bumblebee :p

Phantom has bad airflow for multi-GPU setups.

I'd suggest a silverstone RV-03 any day over this.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Actually I mean to say that Phantom is a good cabinet for those who have very tight budget <8K, then only for them phantom gives then added advantage of having full tower case. Phantom is good case for air colling, but is very bad for water cooling. :-/

And for you, 690II Advanced to Phantom? Can that be considered as an upgrade? :unsure: :p Why not HAF-X or storm Trooper?

Last time I saw primeabgb selling it for ~10K which is very good price IMO.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Phantom has bad airflow for multi-GPU setups.

I m not suggesting op to choose phantam for his rig....I'm just saying to d6bmg that its good enough for 7k price point and its full tower too.
Btw any review link where it says about bad air-flow....just wanted to know.

@d6bmg-
I'm not yet decided about it.But i just love the looks of phantam...its like ferrari in chassis....

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@d6bmg-
I'm not yet decided about it.But i just love the looks of phantam...its like ferrari in chassis....

lol. That's exactly why I bought my phantom black. Although mainlining its glossy color means lot of work for me. :-(

@OP: stick with the suggestion given by d3p. That's awesome!

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^Give your phantom to me and take my cm 690II with you.:p
As you are founding tough to maintain glossy parts.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Look, I said bad airflow for multi-GPU setups. The case is not necessarily bad , but you want to be able to feed your GPUs with enough air.

Looking at the case I can see that it cant force enough air in.

In my setup, 3 sandwitched GPUs generate a lot of heat. I actually strapped a case fan onto the GPUs to force air to reach the GPUs.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ sabya

Buddy i strongly suggest you to wait for kepler before splurging your money on a
7970 cf. When kepler arrives, you can either go for that or stick with 7970 depending on
performance figures. Prices will be settled as well.

Been hearing lots of rumors on kepler's performance and i think its wise to wait for it a bit before making a gpu buying decision now. What you're buying is purely highend and highend parts always launch earlier. So waiting is suggested in your case.

Besides that, a 6 core 3930k is simply not advised for your usage. Since you'll only be gaming, why not go the 1155 route and stick with a 2600k+ nf200 based z68 mobo? Cost will be significantly low and performance in games will be similar to that of a 3930k.
There's also 1155 ivybridge cpu's coming up at this month's end(probably) and you can hook one of them as well if you can wait.

Sorry buddy but you're spending unnecessary cash on components whose full features you aren't gonna put to use. I'm saying this after reading you're template. Not that the config you chose is bad but its overkill for your usage. I suggest waiting for the 1155 ivybridge cpu's or go with a 2600k. Just my suggestion buddy.:)

Last edited:
OP
S

sabya

Broken In
I would like to thank each and every body for providing me with excellent options and feedback in regards to building my rig.
However I came accross a certain forum entry (Question: LGA 2011, 1155 - IB or SB-E?) which is giving me totally different thought about buying SB-E based rig.
So I have certain query which i would request you all to clarify once
1. PCI Ex 3.0 vs PCI Ex 2.0 - No real advantage for V 3.0 (checked anandtech) with respect to gaming..how far this thing is true, has anyone tried it. They have tested with hd7970. Will kepler have any advantage with pciex v3.0
2. LGA 2011 - It seems ivy bridge (22nm models) will not support LGA 2011 (X79 chipset) but interestingly it will support LGA 1155 (Z68 chipset) (thanks friend) which means I will be stuck with this cpu (read architecture/technology) forever and have to juggle my graphics cards only.

I am no way backing out and in march I will definitely buy my rig (it will definitely having my original budget).
I just want to clarify whether the purchase of SB-E will worth the dime because except for quad memory architecture in X79 chipset nothing seems to be improving the performance of gaming by a considerable margin.
or it is suggested to stick with the best SB in the market and invest on a good graphics card set
Kindly enlighten me guys
If you guys think that SB-E is truly not worth it then pls provide an alternative solution (intel only) for the purpose of gaming (FPS, TP adv) with budget of 2.5 lakhs keeping in mind that i would try my level best to upgrade to certain points with new technology as and when it comes (both cpu and gpu)

lordirecto

In the zone
OP, here are a few suggestions of mine.
1. From my experience, a G500 mouse is not that promising. Mine wore out in less than a year and I ended up getting a refund for it. So I suggest you go for Corsair M60/M90.

2. Razer Lycosa turned out to be a far better keyboard than I ever thought it could be. But I highly doubt if you will want it.

3. A case like HAF-X does have a lot of room, but it does not have partitioned spaces so that hot air from one component is not fed on to others. Take a look at Corsair Obsidian series of cases, which I think have the most features to house your components.

4. I never had any driver issues when I was using AMD gfx. Although I am using Nvidia atm, I think that AMD gfx has better scaling when going multi GPU. And should you encounter any problems with any games, you can always disable a single GPU and still be able to play it.

And I forgot a few more things that I wanted to tell you. Will post once I recollect them!

Top Bottom