Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Please let me know would hd 5990 support nvidia 3d VISION?

I have asked this question 3 times.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

intel i7 980x extreme edition @ 60000
Asus rampage iii extreme maybe @ 29000
12 gb corsair dominator @1600 mhz @25000
hd 5990(as suggested above) @51000
2x alienware monitor having refresh rate of 120 hz(for 3d vision) @50000
most probably liam li cabby @12000
80gb SSD + 2 TB wd hdd @ 16000
not sure about mouse and keyboard @10000
logitech z550 speakers @17500
some good tv tuner @4000
7 ultimate 64 bit @12000
nvidia 3d vision kit@9300
Corsair CMPSU-1000HX @14000
Swiftech liquid cooling @13000

INR:322800/-

well i have to do something for this.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

this would be my config ... I think this wont require any upgrade for atleast 3 years and may be a minor upgrade after that.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

no way, 3d tech is nVIDIA proprietory.. :) so clear out all ur facts b4 u jump the gun.. :)

and the latest game to support the so called 3d effect is Resident Evil-5.. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well buddy, no company will try to make (or even think) abt a concept or a technological marvel tat has been already been implemented (in real life) by their fiercest competitors..

so the simple asnwer is tat ATi's never gonna launch anything on the so called "3d" lines.. :) maybe sumthing else that co relates to 3d, but 3d means 3d, and its been already launched by nVIDIa.. :) instead, get 2 x gtx480 ftw edition (ftw=for the win) cards from Evga with water blocks and use it to pawn the ATi 5990 or watever...lol...

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

----------------
if at all u plan to go for 2 x gtx480's (SLi ing) then this is the certified case for the cards ---> *www.guru3d.com/news/thermaltake-element-v-nvidia-edition-chassis-/

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

----------------
if at all u plan to go for 2 x gtx480's (SLi ing) then this is the certified case for the cards ---> *www.guru3d.com/news/thermaltake-element-v-nvidia-edition-chassis-/

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^

If they dont create a kit then it would be a big fail for company and they would loose thousands of customers, since 3d is evolving at extremely fast pace...So it is highly unlikely that they wont create a kit specifically designed for their cards...

And btw does gtx 480 support multiple monitor??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ kanishka... yup, as said by my friend , sid.. gtx 480 supports dual setup monitors... even my gtx280 (ssc edition from Evga) supports it.. :)

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

-----------
also, for the cabinet, get Lian li PC A7110 , review here ---> *www.cluboc.net/reviews/cases/lian_li/pc-a7110/page4.asp

once u read the review, u wud love to get ur hands on this beast.. everything is WORTH looking and reading for.. .i really loved the SATA and PCB connections for the hdds and the 4 fans for the hdd bays, also a sound blocking material on either side of the cabinet walls and the REMOVABLE motherboard tray...

if u really wanna show off a gr8 thing, this is NOT the one to miss (After all u are spending close to 3 lacs).. :)............

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
What do you guys suggest??

Should i go for ati hd 5970 or nvidia gtx 480??

I want to use 3d in my computer for movies,games etc...So if i go for ati ,then i have to wait for a while for the 3d to be released...

Anyways please suggest....

Piyush

Lanaya

I want to use 3d in my computer for movies,games etc...So if i go for ati ,then i have to wait for a while for the 3d to be released...

obviously 5970
and if u wanna fry ur mobo out
then go for 480

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
and if u wanna fry ur mobo out
then go for 480

i totally and frankly disagree with u
.....there is no way and i jus cant see y a gtx480 wud fry the mobo..?? expecially wen the OP (kanishka) is goin for the ultimate mobo (Asus rampage 3 extreme).... with a Lian li PC A7110 cabinet, the best i can see in the market (for 18K)... along with swiftech's water cooling kit...plus 6additional fans in the cabinet.. and if anyone still fries his/her mobo, then its jus a MISMANAGED cable and cooling management......

if he (kanishka) is so much worried abt heat, then i hv got solutions for the same (provided) he atleast make a final decision abt his FINAL core i7 based rig config.. (wich we all are praying to dear lord) tat he does is asap..lol....

well, see buddy...3d is currently available for nVIDIA (as azaad said) tat u need 120hz refresh rate monitors (and not the current line up of 60 hz)... also, the longer u wait, the more confused u get and the more technological marvel will be unleashed...so its better u make a final decision in a week and get ur stuff (coz ordering the stuff and the payments and the delivery and then the final assembling) will all take 2 weeks atleast...

if u agree with me (and if u really wanna use 3d) then get Evga's gtx280 ftw edition (ftw=for the win) wich has water blocks, so u can actively water cool them ....
------------

cheers n e-peace.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Ashu, have you not read the GTX480 reviews. All of those were done in North America and Europe. They were hitting highs of 93C. And those were open ended test benches, not enclosed systems like ours. What will happen in India..with the ambient temperature much higher here in the tropics. Unless the OP goes for a tri-loop system..!

Krow

Crowman

i totally and frankly disagree with u
.....there is no way and i jus cant see y a gtx480 wud fry the mobo..?? expecially wen the OP (kanishka) is goin for the ultimate mobo (Asus rampage 3 extreme).... with a Lian li PC A7110 cabinet, the best i can see in the market (for 18K)... along with swiftech's water cooling kit...plus 6additional fans in the cabinet.. and if anyone still fries his/her mobo, then its jus a MISMANAGED cable and cooling management......

if he (kanishka) is so much worried abt heat, then i hv got solutions for the same (provided) he atleast make a final decision abt his FINAL core i7 based rig config.. (wich we all are praying to dear lord) tat he does is asap..lol....
He stays in Raipur and I guess it would be much hotter there in summers. Even AC's don't work much after a certain temperature. There is no way a card which IDLES at 65 degrees celsius is going to last as long as Mr. Kanishka is planning to use it. Load temperatures in his place would cross 100 degrees celsius for sure!
if u agree with me (and if u really wanna use 3d) then get Evga's gtx280 ftw edition (ftw=for the win) wich has water blocks, so u can actively water cool them ....
This is a rational argument and I agree with you here. The FTW editions are priced higher and would have to be imported mostly as they are not yet widely available abroad, forget in India. I say, get EVGA GTX 480 HC FTW or go ATI. Simple.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
I think i should go for ati hd 5990 hoping that soon there would be something called ati 3d vision kit which is specifically meant for their cards

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
Ashu, have you not read the GTX480 reviews. All of those were done in North America and Europe. They were hitting highs of 93C. And those were open ended test benches, not enclosed systems like ours. What will happen in India..with the ambient temperature much higher here in the tropics. Unless the OP goes for a tri-loop system..!

totally agree with u buddy, this beast easily jumps the temp barriers as if were jumping red lights..lol...

but since the OP is spending so much and wants the best and future proof. then i think he can and he shud "definately" go in for a tri loop system... i mean im a nVIDIA fan (also) since the op :) wanted 3d gaming (as he is planning to get 120+ hz ref rate LCds and also a nVIDA 3d kit) so i suggested him this card.. no offence b/w we the users ...no hard felings even... but the OP is still NOT decided (Wich is the main problem)...lol...

another striking thing abt the gtx280 beast is tat even in simple browsing, the card jumps 50+ watts in a jiffy....lol...

He stays in Raipur and I guess it would be much hotter there in summers. Even AC's don't work much after a certain temperature. There is no way a card which IDLES at 65 degrees celsius is going to last as long as Mr. Kanishka is planning to use it. Load temperatures in his place would cross 100 degrees celsius for sure!

This is a rational argument and I agree with you here. The FTW editions are priced higher and would have to be imported mostly as they are not yet widely available abroad, forget in India. I say, get EVGA GTX 480 HC FTW or go ATI. Simple.
yup agree with u too krow.. i totally agree tat this is a healthy discussion.. so i also leave the choice to the OP :) wether to go with nVIDIA (gtx480 ftw edition cards) or ATi 5990.... :)

but my take wud be:

1.) gtx480 ftw edition
2.) tri loop liquid cooling kit
3.) Lian li PC a7110 cabinet

:twisted:

yaar 3 lacs ka budget hain, toh kuch extra ordinary setup toh hona chahie naa.. wat say guys...??? lol.. :grin:

hey kanishka... this thread is sumwat becoming like a "dream" thingy.. plz finalise ur components and hv a final say plz.... we all are really waiting , as there hv been so many suggestions so i dnt think there must be any confusion in ur mind....so plz jus help this thread and bring it to a close.. its been already 5 pgs of jus discussions and NO buying at all.. :(
--------

Cheers n e-peace....

Ashu,.......

Last edited:
Top Bottom