Vector Version of Digit Logo?

v3d3

Right off the assembly line
I need a Vector/CSS version of Digit's logo - the diamond-shaped one with the pinkish red background, used as favicon for the main site - is there any?
If not, could someone please specify the font used for the 'd' in the logo? I went through all of the default fonts (and a lot of custom fonts) on my PC, and the best fit was Tahoma Regular - it still doesn't feel right though - I can't really tell - the biggest version of the logo I have access to right now is the favicon, and I'm guessing the main logo (diGit- 'g' lowercase but expanded) has the same font (except the 'g').

Any help?

Sorry, BTW - new to the forums and didn't know what category, so posting here.

Attached: The best one I could manage - without gradient (unsure which one's in the actual logo).

Attachments

• logoderzero.PNG
    logoderzero.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 277
OP
V

v3d3

Umm... Dead link ._.
Thanks anyways though.

I'm currently sticking with Tahoma then. I've tweaked it a little: (CSS) font-weight: 600, and a smaller font-size (9 to 8.5vh). It still lacks the curviness of the actual font though - no matter.

Also - (cough) - has Digit's DVD UI been updated?

Flash

Lost in speed
I need a Vector/CSS version of Digit's logo - the diamond-shaped one with the pinkish red background, used as favicon for the main site - is there any?
If not, could someone please specify the font used for the 'd' in the logo? I went through all of the default fonts (and a lot of custom fonts) on my PC, and the best fit was Tahoma Regular - it still doesn't feel right though - I can't really tell - the biggest version of the logo I have access to right now is the favicon, and I'm guessing the main logo (diGit- 'g' lowercase but expanded) has the same font (except the 'g').

Any help?

Sorry, BTW - new to the forums and didn't know what category, so posting here.

Attached: The best one I could manage - without gradient (unsure which one's in the actual logo).
@Raaabo can help you.
Btw, why do you need Digit's logo?

OP
V

v3d3

*Frankenthread*
I tried stuff like WhatTheFont, but to no avail, then posted here, sorry for not mentioning.
Anyways. Was working on a new version of DigitDVD, but meh, as always, left that. Some technical issues (really bad click-through on transparency enabled, but transparency must be enabled, for the splash to look any good).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@v3d3 send us what you are working on!
Just did a superficial update of the DVD UI, using icons of the "cute colour" style, you can see it in the May issue

Oh yeah, will send in the logo to the email id used for your forum registration, will check if we have vector versions, if not will send in a high res png okay?

OP
V

v3d3

@Anorion
I've received the logos - they'll work perfectly for around FHD, and might be sufficient for 4K, but I haven't incorporated them in the app yet - I'll do that by the next build.
I've sent the current version as a reply to that e-mail - although, as I've said, I ran into some issues with the design (now resolved), due to which I stopped development early on. Resumed it yesterday, though - and it's gonna be bumpy (explained in the mail).

Please view the current build and say whether I should continue development.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^I think its better that you invest your time in other projects, but will get back to you. Thanks for the interest. :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Maaaybe
Honestly, we are figuring out the best way to deliver all our content, including the Fast Track, the Dmystify, the other special supplements, the entire back catalogue, and the curation for the DVD on your smartphones, while making sure that things are fair to the people who subscribe/pay for the magazine.
If anyone has any ideas, you can always drop in a mail to editor@digit.in. My direct email id is aditya.m [at] 9dot9 [dot] in

Top Bottom