using wamp server

hacklinux

learn more share more....
i am using wamp server.what if i select the "put online" option?and what i can i do if i select that option?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Off-line - Access only for computer that has wamp installed
On-line - Access through out LAN and worldwide w/ wan ip or domain

Generally, you'll get "FORBIDDEN" or something like that, if you are on Offline.

OP
H

hacklinux

learn more share more....
ok...thanks.so i need i to select "put online".after that if i give a link using my ip others can view it right?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Yes, but only within your LAN. If you want peoples to view your site deployed on your local computer, you need to set Port Forwarding at Router.

mitraark

Decrepit
^^Yes, but only within your LAN. If you want peoples to view your site deployed on your local computer, you need to set Port Forwarding at Router.

WOah i did not know i can do that .. have been building this PHP Page watching a tutorial , was planning to host it on College Lan , WAMP is very nice and easy .. Port Forwarding at Router [ I don;t really know what it means :D ] can make people see your site over the Internet ?

i was looking for this topic for quiet some time. but it always skipped me whn i was on TDF. good that u brought it up

TUTORIAL: How To Open Ports and Forward them to your Router - AfterDawn: Forums
[TUTORIAL]How to forward a port on Windows (Page 1) - Content: Other - Teeworlds Forum

i have done it but couldn't find any one to confirm it. :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah right, set the static IP that you bought(if you got one) forwarded to Port 80, otherwise just set forwarding for port 80 and you need to share the IP with every login as it's dynamic.

Though you can always install a DNS Server and map your domain so you won't need to share your IP everytime you login.

But wait, you are trying to do all these on your Home PC, which is very risky, I mean trying to make it appear on internet..!!

Top Bottom