B

babumuchhala

In the zone
ujjwal said:
Try

Code:
sudo ifconfig eth0 hw <new mac address>
NO mate dosent work :(

Here's the screenie of what happens after i enter my passwd, It remains the same even if u wait 5 minutes.
*static.flickr.com/19/92168184_d0d84c8258_m.jpg

Also i couldnt run AntiDialer, any file i opened, it opened in the text editor :roll:
So i am stuck again :p

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
did you try what i did
dload the file that ujwal has Uloaded (sifyclient.bin)
and try the way i did
drag it over the terminal
hit enter

praka123

left this forum longback
If SiFY gives any rpms of the dialer,u can convert it to .deb using alien program and install as " dpkg -i xxxx.deb".Best of LUX.

Monster_AMD

Broken In
nothing works

hey pals,
Nothing is working for me.
I tried using both 'official client and also the one provided by ujjwal ie. 'sifyclient.bin'. Whenever I provide username n password to both of them, it says 'Please use the updated client'. I am using Ubuntu 5.04 and not 5.10. What to do>>>??

ujjwal

Padawan
Unfortunately, sify has updated their authentication process in your area, and not updated their linux/mac clients :(

What you should do is phone sify and tell them that you are a linux user, and the official client is not working.

babumuchhala, that is one of the bugs of the official client, if you run it once as super user, it creates files in /tmp, and these later cannot be modified by the user. Try using "sudo" before the command, or better, use sifyclient.bin

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Ok they did the sme in my area too. Now I am able to use it in XP but not in linux it asks me to install the new client. I called them up and they replyed back my bro attended the call and he was told now u cann't use Linux. So help me out

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Then warn them that you will discontinue their services if this is the way they treat you. You may have to try it a few times but they will listen to you specially if few others join you in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom