Using SifyBroadband on Ubuntu 5.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

babumuchhala

In the zone
Hi guys

I need help on connection to the sify server on the Ubuntu 5.10

Sify's propritery dialers dont support linux (only Red Hat as far as i know)

So need ur help guys.

ujjwal

Padawan
*sourceforge.net/projects/antidialer/

Thats a recently made GUI client for linux. Make sure you install its dependencies as well.

If it doesn't work, I will upload a simple console login client, made by Bhushan Tiwari.

Btw, the official client runs on slackware, arch linux and ubuntu for me, so what error are you getting?

OP
B

babumuchhala

In the zone
unfortunately i havent tried any.

I googled it went to a few places and got Confused like HELL.

And as for the Official client i havent been able to install/run it. maybe thats bcos i am a very DUMB with Ubuntu, my knowledge abt it is very very small. A complete NOVICE in it.

Can u tell this silly boy how to run the official client on Ubuntu

PLEASE

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
If u mean connecting to Sify BB service u can download the software from *202.144.65.70:8090 and install it. It works on Ubuntu. I am using it myself

OP
B

babumuchhala

In the zone
I am a bit lost as to how to install it.

And running is a different matter all together.

I tried running it in the terminal window and then was successfull in getting till the phase where one has to enter the username & passwd.

After then its blank nothing happens. There is no error or confirmation. Nothing.

praka123

left this forum longback
If U got xDSL connection.then u can configure using roaring-penguin--PPPOE
package by issuing "sudo pppoeconf" and giving the correct details in each dialogues...for more "man pppoeconf"

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
1st moving this to Open source
2nd just installed ubuntu myself
same problem as babu cant get the default dialer working
i downloaded the progie from 202.144....
it dont work for me like babu
iam a linux noob as well
so ujwal any ideas on it
and the console based one looks intresting
:)

ujjwal

Padawan
Try this client - *n.domaindlx.com/ujjwal/sifyclient.bin

Save it in your home directory, open a terminal, and run

Code:
chmod +x sifyclient.bin
./sifyclient.bin

chmod is only needed once, to make the file executable.

(The source code for this client is here - *n.domaindlx.com/ujjwal/sify_tweaked2.c)

If this doesn't work, you can try running the official client by going in a terminal to the directory where you unpacked the client, and run

Code:
./sifyd
./sifyconnect -l

Antidialer is probably the easiest client to use, though. You may need to install qt and mcrypt using synaptic/apt-get, and then you can extract the package to a directory, browse to it, and double click antidialer in your file manager.

OP
B

babumuchhala

In the zone
Just straying a bit.

Is there any way One can access Ubuntus's Files from windows (bcos its not accepting Floppies & i also dont have a CD-RW) and so i vice versa.

praka123

left this forum longback
You can export files from Linux to wingdows using explorer2fs.exe.Sify BB is it xDSL based?

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hahah looks like me and babu sailing in the same boat
same problem here
ive got a broken cd rw drive so cant export fils to ubuntu

prakash that program lets you view the linux partion we cant put in a file within windows onto the linux partion
which i too actually wanna do just as babu is asking
i guess we would have to mount the windows partion
which iam yet to try
:)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Simply mount the windows partition on Ubuntu. You can easily write on them if they are FAT32 partitions. The files you need to share should be saved in that FAT32 partition as that partition can be seen within both windows and Ubuntu.
Don't forget to put that partiton in /etc/fstab.

ujjwal

Padawan
The ubuntu guide has instructions on doing that, here - *ubuntuguide.org/#windows

By the way, were you able to connect to sify using any of the clients?

Sify BB is it xDSL based?

No, its a LAN based internet connection, but one needs a client to authorise to their servers :)

praka123

left this forum longback
I am yet to hear about any program which supports write access to Linux file system(ext3,reiserfs..etc) from Windows!.You can mount a partn in Linux even ntfs partns can be writable using captive-ntfs systems safely.. .thats what is now I think Possible..

OP
B

babumuchhala

In the zone
nishant_nms said:
First had u configured your network if not then configure it. You can get ur network details from CS/BA/CTO
Yes bro its configured perfectly, no doubts abt that. I even got the silly Sify Dialer installed being a root user (selected it from the GRUB manager)

Maybe the MAC ids are playing spoilsport, i think bcos i had recently changed the LAN card and just changed the number for Windows :p Any way to do that in Ubuntu :D

OP
B

babumuchhala

In the zone
nishant_nms said:
Inform the change of LAN card to Sify BB Customer Care and ask them for help
YA they say it will take atleast 24 hrs to do that :(

But then still i will HAVE to do it. No other option :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom