Using Recovery Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid_b6505

Broken In
How can I use the recovery console command prompt to reset all the system32 files which were accidentally deleted?
Plz help me.

theraven

Technomancer
goto recovery console and run sfc /scannow at the prompt
will replace all modified/ deleted files in ur windows installation

Thilak

Broken In
Read me too ...

Hi sid _b ,

Read this tutorial !!!!
If your system is not still working like you desire, the XP recovery console can be a very useful utility when employed with care. There are a variety of situations where having access to it can be really handy. In fact, you need to get access to it before we go any further.

Reboot from the Windows XP CD. Once you arrive at the welcome screen, choose "R" for recovery.
You will be asked which Windows installation you wish to access. Choose the appropriate number.
Now a prompt for your administrator password will appear. Enter it and continue (if no password, press enter).
While at the console, you can type help for a list of available commands that are at your disposal. For example, you can repair a messed up boot sector by typing FIXBOOT and then typing enter afterward. If you are having difficulty booting up because of a messed up ntldr file, however, then you might need to replace it by typing:
COPY E:\i386\NTLDR C:
(Keep in mind this is assuming that E: is the correct drive letter for your CD ROM drive). Once you have repaired what you have needed to from the recovery console, simply type EXIT at the prompt to leave and restart Windows.

Repair installation:

When all else fails, sometimes reinstalling is the best way. Running a repair install of Windows XP can be a handy way of fixing the installation of XP without having to start totally over and deleting important data from your PC. To do this type of install, simply follow these instructions.

Boot from your XP installation CD.
At the welcome screen, choose enter.
Once at the license agreement, press F8.
At the next screen, choose to repair the selected Windows XP installation by pressing R.
The files will begin to install and then your PC will reboot. During the reboot you will be presented with option of booting from the CD again by pressing any key. Don't press anything. Allow it to finish the install without booting from the CD again
Enjoy
Thilak :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom