Status
Not open for further replies.

crashuniverse

In the zone
Hold on. why do u need to load stuffs like directx and wmp when it comes with almost all cds of all the tech magazines, all the months.

u can use almost evrything with pirated copy. and if few small things r missing, thats not a big deal. 2 yrs. i have been using it from last 2 yrs without probs.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I think he is pointing out the fact that u won't get any support from ms if u buy pirated version Windows.

I don't think u can do something with original xp that can't be done with pirated version also. Like product patches, services packs, hot-fixes, help for windows can all be availed from forums and the general Internet. The only thing that is worth it is that corporates don't get arrested if they are using licensed products.
Sure you get a sense of real and legal ownership (actually no, if u read the eula), but "we" users avoid the "I-paid-sh!t-loads-to-get-a-blue-screen?" feeling.

Deep

Version 2.0
yesterday I called up miicrosoft technical support and you know, they dont even ask for serial number or anything ;)

He helped me first and in the end he asked my name and phone number...i gave correct info coz i have legal OS but you know, you can give any info ;) doesnt matter, who is gonna check lol

Deep

Deep

Version 2.0
iinfi said:
@Deep: what query did u ask? :)

the general one, my system had become slow after selecting "Last good known system configuration" option please help me lol...

he asked me to make changes in few things but he was very polite and haf good knowledge...

Deep

sba

Journeyman
siriusb said:
I think he is pointing out the fact that u won't get any support from ms if u buy pirated version Windows.
...and he wants support for something that he didn't pay for? :shock:

escape7

What? Where? How?
premsharma said:
U can even download windows XP media center edition 2005 and windows vista beta 1.

downloading vista beta 1 that wouldn't be illegal...or will it?

rajas

In the zone
Not quite sure..

As no Beta is supposed to be installed in a live operating environment, a staging environment, or with data that has not been sufficiently backed up.

Also MS doesnt endorse downloading the software from third party websites and so...I believe...its illegal.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Oh same old sasser

john_the_ultimate said:
Thank you all for your valuable response. I want tell you as to why this question arised in my mind.
My friend uses pirated version of xp and to frankly saying it looks much better than win98.
But whenever he tries to connect to net after couple of minutes the machine restarts. Not only does it restarts but sometimes his taskbar is missing or some critical error occurs and everytime the machine restarts it does scandisk. But this problem does not arise when he uses win98 (which is also pirated). He has all those anti-virus, security and anti-spyware software installed in both OS. But these software dosen't show any kind of virus or other activity.
One more thing he use bsnl broadband internet service.
So if u people could help to solve the problem, it would help me to decide whether to upgrade, because if I go on and use genuine version,whether I would have this kind of problem or not.
As I already have a copy of pirated xp disk which he has given to me, but I don't want to use it.
My main question is that would this kind of problem would arise if I use genuine xp?

The same old sasser virus.......... Get your friend a sasser cleaner or Service Pack 2 and all critical updates............... And an antivirus........... I'm using a pirated version of Windows (and everything else) XP SP2 + All critical updates and everything.............. Have no problems...............

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Deep said:
There is only single difference in pirated copy of XP over legal one...

Both have same features, both work fine with windows update

but the only difference being, with legal copy of XP, you get golden chance to bug microsoft support team directly with your queries (damn, I need to bug them with my stupid question, lets see how much they know ;) )

and 2nd thing is, the feeling of owning legal copy.. :)

if you are using your machine to earn money and you earn enough money to buy XP (which costs around Rs. 7500 for Pro version) then just go for it..

but for home use..aha..no comments :D

Deep

What can I say when the MOD himself says that............

I don't see any use of support, as I can help myself with XP, when there are so many resources to help out............ And if I'm forced to pay Rs.10000 for an OS, then I still wont.......... Instead, I'll format everything and install latest version of Fedora Core......... So, you see.............

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I can bet it!!!! Nobody will use a pirated edition of that crap starter edition...
Its most likely to be professional or home ed but not the starter for sure

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
sidewinder said:
I can bet it!!!! Nobody will use a pirated edition of that **** starter edition...
Its most likely to be professional or home ed but not the starter for sure

You are correct... Who will use the stripped down (pirated version) when pirated professional versions is allowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom