Status
Not open for further replies.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I have heard that using internet with prirated xp causes problems which dosen't occur with win98 or win2000. I have been using legal version of win98 se for 3 years and I was thinking of upgrading to xp, but the vendor told me that there is no need to waste money on legal version as there is no difference.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Legal Version of XP Recommended. Also Now with pirated XP you can't download Xp Addons which are now provided under Windows genuine Advantage 1.0

Check this: Link

enjoy

Journeyman
I dont think that using a pirated version will create a problem. But sometimes when downloading through the Microsoft's website, it checks for the Legal Installation of XP and wont let you download if you installed XP with a pirated key. Its better if you can go for original.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
ns
who says
u can always install everythin
Direct X 9c
media player 10
n every thin
may be nt from microsoft site
but site exixts 2 download
MS said u cant hv service packs for pirated XP but u
can install Service Pack 2 also
u can make bootable CD of XP Pro with service Pack 2
its that i want 2 be on rigth side of of the law and belived MS for everthin
so i hv 2 shell the huge buks out of my pocket and havin high trouble with MS activation polocy. amd my friends with pirated verson r ENJOYING the XP pro usein the saved buks on ENJOYMENT

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I never said install but I said that you cannot download from site.

Check these links
DirectX 9.0c
Link 1

MS AntiSpyware
Link 2

Windows Media Player 10
Link 3

anandk

Distinguished Member
even if urs is not a purchased (some say 'not genuine') winxp.
but its borrowed (or as some say pirated) :twisted:

u can upgrade from winxp/sp1 tp winxpsp2. write to microsoft and request them to send u the sp2 cd. they will. u can instal it. no problems. (they are that way very nice people) :wink:

u can
have all the updates.
have directx9c.
have ms anti-spy.
have mp10.
u can always also use the autopatcherxp or the directx or ms anti-spy setups from digit cd.

nevertheless as is the 'in' thing to say, so shall i say it : installing genuine windowsxp is always recommended. :lol: (so that u can then 'lend' it to your friends) :lol:

royal

Padawan
I agree with abhasbajpai ... u can have everything on a pirated XP os 8)
But if u can and want to spend megabucks on buying a "genuine" version go right ahead

WindowsUpdate keeps a log of the invalid serial key in their site. There may be a catch as they may keep the IP address. Moreover, from now on you cannot update components on the pirated version of XP.It's better you stick with ur Win98 or 2000.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
dear shoaibjameel123
there is a site (i ll nt tell the url search it on google :!: )
u turn off the automatic update form windows and then go 2 this site
download each n every componets and patchs MS has released and mosty its there in hour or two when MS releases it on its website.
more over this site is totaly safe. there r no trojans or popups or any thin.
on site. try it

OP
john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Thank you all for your valuable response. I want tell you as to why this question arised in my mind.
My friend uses pirated version of xp and to frankly saying it looks much better than win98.
But whenever he tries to connect to net after couple of minutes the machine restarts. Not only does it restarts but sometimes his taskbar is missing or some critical error occurs and everytime the machine restarts it does scandisk. But this problem does not arise when he uses win98 (which is also pirated). He has all those anti-virus, security and anti-spyware software installed in both OS. But these software dosen't show any kind of virus or other activity.
One more thing he use bsnl broadband internet service.
So if u people could help to solve the problem, it would help me to decide whether to upgrade, because if I go on and use genuine version,whether I would have this kind of problem or not.
As I already have a copy of pirated xp disk which he has given to me, but I don't want to use it.
My main question is that would this kind of problem would arise if I use genuine xp?

Techmastro

Journeyman
@john_the_ultimate
I donot have any such problem mentioned by u
But that is true u cant download update patches from microsoft site.
U can use key changer to overcome that problem.
Using Xp for 2yrs now no such problem

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Microsoft "Genuine Advantage" cracked in 24h
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Microsoft "Genuine Advantage" cracked in 24h: window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all'
AV sez, "This week, Microsoft started requiring users to verifiy their serial number before using Windows Update. This effort to force users to either buy XP or tell them where you got the illegal copy is called 'Genuine Advantage.' It was cracked within 24 hours."

Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

It turns off the trigger for the key check.

Link (Thanks, AV!)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I have A genuine MS XP Pro & a Fake Home Installed on the same system.

I download all necesary things from mirrors of private people holding the addons.

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Dude even I use pirated version of XP Pro with SP1,SP2 installed.

By applying simple common sense , if you have installed the pirated version means that the serial no has been branded as invalid by MS .So what do you do ?.....

Just change it.There is s freely downloadable XP CD-Key Changer and I assume you know that one can get authentic serial codes anywhere on the net.(Won't tell you the site.Google for it... :wink: )

i dont think u can install a service pack in the pirated version

Really dude , I think you should change your avataar.Coz it causes ppl to wonder why you should be called "Hack Expert"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom