Using Monitor and Speakers in US

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Hi,
I am moving to US and would like to know if my monitor and speakers which I bought in India will work on US. I think there are voltage and frequency differences and would like to have your suggestion.

They are pretty new and since my company will be providing me free shipment, I have no transportation expenses.

Do suggest if I can use them in US otherwise I will be selling them off here.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If you really like those speakers, and assuming those speakers can switch between 110v to 240v, all you need is a socket converter and you're good to go. Just pack them properly before shipping them out.

If it doesn't work between 110v to 240, then I would be more inclined to sell them here.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Just to update... the speaker I am talking about is Philips SPA5300 and monitor is Dell STA2420L. Can anyone pls help.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
All you need is a socket converter and you're good to go and it costs around Rs.100 for each socket.

if you are taking about converter from Indian plug format to US plug format then that is not a problem as I have a lot of them.

Just wanted to double check if the frequency and wattage will not be a problem for both the devices.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
how do you suppose to run 220v devices on 110v power supply just by using a socket converter?that's like saying you will get shock-proof protection by replacing all 2 pin plugs with 3 pin plugs without any ground wiring inside house walls.for starters you will need something like this to step up 110v to 220v:
*www.amazon.com/Goldsource®-ST-100-...8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299170953&sr=1-8
also 50Hz devices like monitor & speaker should work with 60Hz too but not sure about effects of long term usage.

my suggestion is sell them here & then buy new & better models in US at cheaper rates.

Top Bottom