using Ares is it safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys i wanna ask yall if its safe 2 use Ares a p2p sharing program i mean do i get viruses spyware and things like that by downloading stuff like that. :D :wink: :wink:

digen

Youngling
That will depend upon what you are downloading wont it?
If what you are downloading contains malicious content without your knowledge,then you cant blame ares or for that matter any P2P software can ya?
As seen many a times there are trojans/scumware hiding within files,normally just file extensions are changed to make it appear as though its some image file but infact it can be a executable or something on similar lines.
So the bottom line P2P software is[read can be,kazaa comes to mind] safe but what you download from them always isnt.

swatkat

Technomancer
What Digen said is true, everything depends on what you download.
But there is another thing that should be added, popular P2P clients like Kazaa, Imesh, Grokster bundle spyware with it, whether you want it or not, they would install these Spywares. As of now, Ares is not known to bundle any Spywares with. May be this was what you were asking!!

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
ya hey swat kat do you know any muzic video donloading site and mp3 downloading site(ENGLISH SONGS) cuz no 1 in da forum knows VIRUS SPYWARE FREE KK .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, its not that no one at the forum knows. Its just that no one at the forums will give you links for downloading illegal music videos and MP3 files. Try MP3.com for legal music file downloads. Please do not make such requests again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom