Using 2 HDDs BUT ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Journeyman
I have a Samsung 10GB HDD( with Win98) and Seagate 80GB HDD( with SuSE10 and WinXP Pro).
I want to copy some data on to the 10GB from a friend and transfer it on the 80 GB one.
But when i connect both the HDDs,the SAMSUNG 10GB behaves like the primary altough I set the Jumper to secondary position .ie. slave.So i always boot to the Win 98 and Seagate 80GB isnt listed in WIn98 ........suggest a solution for me to make the 10GB like a Huge USB and use the 80GB Seagte as a Primary Slave. I have AMD Athlon XP 1.67 GHz and ASUS MB.
( ::: NOTE ::: i know that using a DVD R/RW drive is an option but altough i have it, my friends dont )

CyCo

In the zone
put the one u want to boot from as primary master [use jumper]

and the other , dont use jumper at all ...

if that doesnt work , then w/o jumper , put the second one as secondary something ...

dat wrks fr me ... its shows as HUGe usb :)

Eazy

Journeyman
After connecting both the drives check in the BIOS which drive is listed as the first BOOT drive. The BIOS changes the BOOT sequence sometimes when an additional drive is attached.

If the system boots into Win98 and the other drive is not a FAT32 drive it will not show up in Win98. But if you BOOT into XP the Win98 drive will show up.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Conect it in Master-Slave and u should see more partitiones in my computer.Connect the 10 gig HDD in the slave (Flip the jumpers)(Flip the Cables).Voila u have the Same DATA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom