userinit.exe deleted please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Guys i mistakenly deleted userinit.exe , a user login entry from regedit, now my system whenever clicking the username and password, coming back again to display screen saying ,system is log-off login again,so to re-enter this entry in regedit i tried to go to safe mode and recovery console,but not able to log-in again it was log-off, so is there any way so that i should open regedit

V

vaibhavtek

did u have 2 pc or one.
if 2 i have trick.
just reply.

V

vaibhavtek

if u know the location of usernit.exe in windows folder then,

copy the ussernit.exe file from other pc to pen drive.
and then go to repair option using OS CD.
then copy the usernit.exe from ur pen drive to the location of ur pc (using repair option) and then restart it must work.

i must help.
just try

not joking it worked for me many time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Batistabomb

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
vaibhav mine is office computer, if i had CD of XP, no need to post here, no CD, and no CD drive ,only usb acess

OP
Batistabomb

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
dude all of the red coloured avatars changed to blue, do you observed your's and mine ,red parts in the avatar are coloured blue

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Looks like your monitor's gone,i see ur avatars as red.
As for ur problem,if u have a FDD get a bootable floppy disk with that file in it.

Regards,
ray

OP
Batistabomb

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
i said already that i have only USB devices acess, so having a CD or bootable floppy is not a matter for any guy to solve a problem i think, i tried also remote desktop connection but of no use

Also for my login , all of the red parts of the avatar are looking navey blue, my monitor is ok, this happened only after after noon 2pm

evewin89

In the zone
i said already that i have only USB devices acess, so having a CD or bootable floppy is not a matter for any guy to solve a problem i think, i tried also remote desktop connection but of no use

Also for my login , all of the red parts of the avatar are looking navey blue, my monitor is ok, this happened only after after noon 2pm
few months back, i also did something lik dis & i was unable 2 login so i booted in my other os (win2k3) & i jst copied userinit.exe in XP drive & my prob. was solved. i was lucky that i had dual boot that time..:cool:

OP
Batistabomb

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
yes, solution for this is possible only if we have a XP cd or a floppy disk, so we cannot solve this without any media

ray|raven

Think Zen.
You could try using linux from a usb.
You did say u had usb access right,
Download SLAX/Puppy/DSL and install it on the usb and copy the file from there.
Here's a tutorial covering installation of SLAX on USB.
*pendrivelinux.com/2006/09/20/all-in-one-usb-slaxzip

Regards,
ray

OP
Batistabomb

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
iam trying to make a usb pen drive to boot instead of floppy bootable disk, i am not sure this is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom