Useful Links in Choosing a Better Monitor - Come get Some & Give some

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmarbee

Journeyman
***** IMPORTANT*****
1) Members who didn't know anything about these links before and found it useful after seeing it - PLEASE LEAVE UR REPLY/OPINION so that this thread stays at the TOP and will be helpful to others.

2) Just because I've started this thread, doesn't mean Only I will be giving the useful links or I have to give the useful links - guys even you can help each other.

3) Thats all for now

Hi Digitians,
I was thinking of sharing some useful links that will help some one in choosing his/her monitor. Some might have known about these links, some might not have and there others who'll be knowing more than this. Those who know more than this, please share yours.

Please provide your set of useful links too!

Site: TFT Central
URL: *www.tftcentral.co.uk/
What To Look For: About Different Panel technology and Panels of Different Models

Site: Prad
URL: *www.prad.de/en/monitore/index2.html
What To Look For: Lots of stuff for learning about a display technology and some reviews to hit the sweet spot :)

Site: ZOL
URL: *detail.zol.com.cn/category/84.html
Translated Version: *translate.google.co.in/translate?h...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=VKO
What To Look For: Pictures of Monitors - not just the models but pictures of these monitors when they are in action - kinda screenshot but taken through an external camera. I hope you have understood me. Cause there are still some understanding to be done. The site is chinese - from the link i have given you have to choose the monitor brand BY CLICKING THE BRAND LOGO and then the CLICK THE MODEL in the drop down list (with pic and price) and then CLICK THE LINK UNDER THE basic picture of that particular monitor model. Hint:The link will be something like ".../pic.shtml" It'll be

Site: Trusted Reviews
URL:*www.trustedreviews.com/monitors/
What To Look For: Reviews about different monitors - my take on this site's review is that - its completely diff. from other site's reviews. If other sites say a monitor is good, they'll say it performed okay. When other site say a particular model performed okay, here it'll be editor's pick... SO you might get a varied opinion.

Site: Lynx-India
URL:*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=197
What To Look For: Indian Price for the monitors of brand
Aoc,Asus,Benq,Dell,LG Electronics,Samsung,

Site: Tech-Shop
URL: *techshop.in/store/index.php?cPath=320_261_262
What To Look For: Indian Price of monitor brands AOC,DELL,Samsung, Viewsonic.

Site: Test Freaks
URL: *www.testfreaks.com/monitors/?sort=score
What To Look For: Reviews from different editors logged in one single site.

And of course, other famous sites like CNET, Anandtech etc., - If some of you want that I can fill in that too.

Hope that I'll be updating this regularly :)

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
*www.testfreaks.com/monitors/?sort=score
I like test freak reviews on monitors, it actually acts link to different sites which have given expert reviews on the monitors.
but as a whole many other good manufacturers like NEC are not coming in our local market.

aytus

The Boss
one thing i drool over is ebuyer .. ....god .. when are they gonna launch ebuyer here in india

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom