Useful Freewares...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the only freewares made by them are :

Fresh Diagnose, Fresh Download, Fresh Video Downloader, Fresh UI, Fresh View

all other free softwares listed on there made by other developers / companies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Same thing topgear. FileHippo is a reputated site. afaik there is no bogus downloads or anything. Also I donot think they host everything themselves :p
most downloads link to external mirrors.

also would recommend everyone to check the link below for giveaway of paid software
Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Inpaint 4.3 - Inpaint. Magically Remove Elements From Your Photos!Inpaint photo restoration software reconstructs the selected image area from the pixels near the ...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ buddy I know that's a repudiated site and update the software list very nicely but I always prefer mention official website as an apps source - so gave the link to the official site.

Another good website you can visit is this ;-)
Download Free Software - FreewareUpdate.com

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Please suggest me a PC reminder or timer software that will keep alerting me half hourly or hourly or any other interval with a pop up notification so I'll know when to take a break from work...Thanks..

This article tells three good softwares, that does exactly the thing you desire. ;)
3 Tools To Remind Yourself To Take A Break & Relax While Working At The Computer

• EVO
  • Big Stretch Reminder Program
  • Breaker

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator (Windows)

YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to MultibootISOs. It can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more. Contrary to MultiBootISO's which used grub to boot ISO files directly from USB, YUMI uses syslinux to boot extracted distributions stored on the USB device, and reverts to using grub to Boot Multiple ISO files from USB, if necessary.

Aside from a few distributions, all files are stored within the Multiboot folder, making for a nicely organized Multiboot Drive that can still be used for other storage purposes.

Creating a YUMI Multiboot MultiSystem Bootable USB Flash Drive

YUMI works much like Universal USB Installer, except it can be used to install more than one distribution to run from your USB. Distributions can also be uninstalled using the same tool!

YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) | USB Pen Drive Linux

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
MV RegClean 5.9
This is one of the best registry cleaners out there.

MV RegClean Download - Softpedia

Must use. Highly recommended.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GameSave Manager

Ever had to format your system?

Perhaps you have been victim of file corruption which also victimised your gamesaves?
Maybe you just wish to transfer your gamesave(s) to your new machine, or to take with you to a friend's?

With GameSave Manager, you can easily backup, restore and transfer your gamesave(s).
No longer do you need to manually track through all of the those different directories to backup/restore/transfer your gamesaves, making it great for those who like to share gamesave progress with friends/family

GameSave Manager

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Download R-Wipe & Clean 9.7 Build 1829 Free Trial - Wipe useless files and maintain your computer privacy - Softpedia

R-Wipe & Clean was developed to be a complete R-Tools solution to wipe useless files and maintain your computer privacy. It irretrievably deletes private records of your online and off-line activities, such as temporary Internet files, history, cookies, autocomplete forms and passwords, swap files, recently opened documents lists, Explorer MRU (most recently used) lists, temporary files, and traces from more than 300 third-party applications, thus freeing up your disk space. The utility wipes files and unused disk space using either fast or secure-erase algorithms. All files and folders may be entered in wipe lists to erase them in a single procedure. Supports both the FAT and NTFS file systems. You can combine separate wiping and cleaning
tasks and launch them to begin erasing immediately or set them to begin erasing procedures as a background task at predefined times or events.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
oh damn. Didnt notice. Sorry for posting freeware freaks

anyways check this link as a consolation Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: 1-abc.net Duplicate Finder 5.00 - In times where thousands of files are located on a computer, sometimes it is very hard to maintain an observation. ...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
'Giveaway of the Day' was mentioned couple of times by other members in this thread but the main drawback of GOTD freeware app is thye only work for the first time - if yu need t reinstall the ap one more time the app won't work anymore - so In true sense all the GOTD provided freeware apps are time limited.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
'Giveaway of the Day' was mentioned couple of times by other members in this thread but the main drawback of GOTD freeware app is thye only work for the first time - if yu need t reinstall the ap one more time the app won't work anymore - so In true sense all the GOTD provided freeware apps are time limited.

Well. Technically you are correct. But those who know how to "extract" the software from GOTD wrapper, have less problem! ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I know about that ap and that app itself is a open source and free to use app but GAOTD periodically updates it's wrapper software to make such tools useless :

Here's the un-wrapper app download link - using this is legit I think :
GAOTD Setup Keeper | Free software downloads at SourceForge.net

But read the Description :

Description

Sorry, but giveawayoftheday has augmented the security level of its wrapper. Keeping the intallation will not work anymore.

This software aim is to keep the setup file of the software offered by Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Aiseesoft 3D Converter 6.3.8 - Aiseesoft 3D Converter is the professional 3D Video Converter software for you to enjoy 3D movie at home. It can ... each day, in order to install it later. French, English and German language are available. Please ask me for more.

Seems to be useless since 3rd July 2012.

and this ;-)
Giveaway of the Day Project Team’s Blog 2012 July 05

so practically GAOTD just gives some users a a copy of a commercial app which is perfectly usable without any limitation for free but the catch is if one needs to reinstall it they either have to buy it or else stop using it.

Nw coming to the biggest question : what if it's a app ( provided for free by GAOTD ) which creates some files with proprietary extensions ? and the user has created some important files with it and he needs to re-install it ? or if the user got so much attached using a certain software ( provided for free by GAOTD ) - in both caase the user will but the app - so in a way GAOTD is just promoting commercial apps.

Now these types of scenarios must be covered by their EULA - but how many people properly read them ?

So I would say stop recommending GAOTD and recommend only pure free t use apps downloadble from either the author's website or a website recommended by the app makers.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
My college is using proxy to regulate the internet traffic.

Is there any software which can draw data like:
List Of Working Proxy and Port Number
Bandwidth being used in each proxy

Unblocked Sites of that Proxy
In Unblock Sites I mean Skype messenger is working from say Proxy 8. There are few hidden proxies also from where this messenger works. I want to find all the proxy from where I can use this messenger

Top Bottom