Useful Freewares...

icehot

Broken In
Video cutter
WWW.freevideocutter.com
Superb freeware--to cut videos from wmv, mp4, vob, mpeg.
Very fast.
If u disable the option of creating thumbnails (under options) it is still faster, but u must define the start time and end time

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
XVid

Overview

Xvid is an open-source research project focusing on video compression and is a collaborative development effort. All code is released under the terms of the GNU GPL license.

The Xvid video codec implements MPEG-4 Simple Profile and Advanced Simple Profile standards. It permits compressing and decompressing digital video in order to reduce the required bandwidth of video data for transmission over computer networks or efficient storage on CDs or DVDs. Due to its unrivalled quality Xvid has gained great popularity and is used in many other GPLed applications, like e.g. Transcode, MEncoder, MPlayer, Xine and many more.

Goals

Xvid has been created to promote the adoption of open standards, namely MPEG-4 video, and to permit the interoperable creation and exchange of digital video between different software applications and a wide range of devices.

A major goal of the project is to further trigger the creation of GPLed applications and to support the Free Software movement. Hence, the Xvid source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License, which requires that combined and derived works must be distributed as a whole under the GPL again.

By sharing our research results and providing the source code of Xvid, we aim at creating a platform for students and interested engineers to exchange their visions and ideas. The Xvid project is targeted at further stimulating science and research in the area of digital image and video processing. In result, Xvid has become subject of university lectures and is also covered by scientific research papers from all over the world.

Features

Since being founded in 2001, the Xvid project focuses on MPEG-4 video compression. Early Xvid versions (0.9.x) implemented MPEG-4 simple profile (SP) de- and encoding. The Xvid 1.0 source tree introduced MPEG-4 advanced simple profile (ASP) compression including all advanced coding tools like B-frames, quarterpixel motion compensation and GMC. The upcoming development branch Xvid 2.0 adds support for MPEG-4 advanced video coding (AVC) de- and encoding up to High Profile and dramatically advances upon the compression performance of earlier Xvid versions.

he most outstanding feature of Xvid is the excellent picture quality it provides even at high compression ratios. A major emphasis of the project is put on research to achieve highest possible picture quality and novel algorithms have been developed that enable outstanding detail-richness and image fidelity. The Xvid codec is especially optimized towards offline, multi-pass compression for storage and archival purposes and has been found to deliver superior quality over any other MPEG-4 part 2 based codec by independent third parties.

Xvid is primarily developed for PC (Linux, Windows) but also other popular platforms are supported such as Mac/iMac. Due to extensive algorithmic optimizations and specific support for latest PC processor extensions like SSE2/SSE3 SIMD instruction sets or dual-core/hyperthreading technology, Xvid provides highest performance video de- and encoding on modern PCs. The Xvid ASP and AVC de- and encoder provide highest performance on PC and enable HD resolution video processing on today's hardware. Hence, the Xvid codec library is frequently used in GPLed software players or encoder applications on Windows and Linux such as MPlayer or Transcode.

Summary
MPEG-4 Video Codec library

SP/ASP/AVC de-/encoding support

Open-source software released under GPL license

Optimized for highest picture quality and archival purposes

Primary platform PC (Windows and Linux)

High-performance due to extensive assembly optimizations

*www.xvid.org

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
RunScanner 1.8.1.0

RunScanner is a completely free windows system utility which scans your system for all configured running programs. You can use runscanner to detect autostart programs, spyware, adware, homepage hijackers, unverified drivers and other problems.

You can import and export your results and let other people help you to solve your problems.

Features:

* Scanning of 74 startup/hijack locations.
* Fixing of invalid entries.
* Saving and importing of .run files (all information available)
* Marking of items - A user with problems can save the .run file, an expert can mark the items that need fixing and send the .run file back to the user.
* Process killer: Kill multiple processes at once, Kill and rename, Kill and delete, Delete at next reboot
* Host file editor.
* Verification of file signatures.
* MD5 hash calculation of files.
* Online lookup of scanned entries.
* Google lookup.
* Regedit jump.
* Explorer jump.
* Whitelist filter.
* Online rating of found entries bases on MD5 hash.
* Save to text log file.
* Online analysis of results.

Warning: Runscanner requires advanced knowledge about Windows. If you delete an item, without knowing what it is, it can lead to major Windows problems. If you are not sure what to delete, post your Run file to a helper forum.

What's New in version 1.8.1.0:

* Enhanced whitelisting
* Minor bug fixes

Download here
SIZE: 1.24MB

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Game Booster

*www.iobit.com/Images/gb.jpg

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts. It works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. That means you can keep all the features of Microsoft® Windows Vista® and XP® ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business – gaming. Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level. All systems go!

Key Benefits

1 Click
Game Booster is extremely easy to use. Its intuitive interface makes Game Booster the perfect tool for complete computer dummies.

Speed up Game Play
Game Booster gives more CPU and RAM to your games, making your games running at the peak performance.

Increase Gaming Stability
Game Booster prevents and avoids possible conflicts and incompatibility, by temporarily closing background processes and unnecessary Windows services.

Safe, Security, and Free
Game Booster does not overclock your hardware, does not change your Windows Registry and system settings. Game Booster is 100% freeware, without any virus, adware, and spyware.

*www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
gr8 softwares... heres my addition if its not still there
Best program to automate adding ID3s/album art to untagged MP3s

MusicBrainz Picard - mp3 tagger .. tag ur mp3 now
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/MusicBrainz_logo.png *upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/MusicBrainz_Tagger.png/250px-MusicBrainz_Tagger.png

Picard is the next generation MusicBrainz tagging application. This new tagging concept is album oriented, as opposed to track/file oriented like the ClassicTagger was. Picard is written in Python, which is a cross-platform language, and makes use of cross-platform libraries - this allows the same code to run both on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform MusicBrainz tag editor written in Python. Picard is intended to be the next generation of tagger for MusicBrainz, with a focus on album oriented (as opposed to track based) tagging and cross platform compatibility. Since version 0.7.0, MusicBrainz Picard supports automatic identifying of audio files through the MusicDNS service using the Open Fingerprint Architecture acoustic fingerprinting technology. Version 0.9.0 is a complete rewrite of the MusicBrainz Picard codebase, motivated by switch from wxPython to PyQt and Mac OS X support.
Supported file formats:
* MP3, TTA (ID3)
* Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Speex (Vorbis comment)
* Musepack, WavPack, OptimFROG, Monkey's Audio (APEv2 tag)
* AAC, ALAC (MP4)
* Windows Media Audio
* WAV
MusicBrainz Picard is named after the character Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Download -->>
Code:
*musicbrainz.org/doc/PicardDownload

Latest Version - 0.11

Windows Installer
picard-setup-0.11.exe (6.5M)
(MD5: cddbb26d227d4a078936b8a8da551849)

Mac OS X Universal Binary (10.4+)
MusicBrainz Picard UB.dmg (49MB)
(MD5: 138c98757d365241c76259ad6e0e1c7f)

Ubuntu Install
sudo apt-get install picard

Source Code Tarball
picard-0.11.tar.gz (432K)
(MD5: 02ddcff3e201b2cf54f1b52b02d44fad)

Plugin >>
Code:
*musicbrainz.org/doc/Picard_Plugins

gr8 softwares... heres my addition if its not still there
Best program to automate adding ID3s/album art to untagged MP3s

MusicBrainz Picard - mp3 tagger .. tag ur mp3 now
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d5/MusicBrainz_logo.png *upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/MusicBrainz_Tagger.png/250px-MusicBrainz_Tagger.png

Picard is the next generation MusicBrainz tagging application. This new tagging concept is album oriented, as opposed to track/file oriented like the ClassicTagger was. Picard is written in Python, which is a cross-platform language, and makes use of cross-platform libraries - this allows the same code to run both on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

MusicBrainz Picard is a cross-platform MusicBrainz tag editor written in Python. Picard is intended to be the next generation of tagger for MusicBrainz, with a focus on album oriented (as opposed to track based) tagging and cross platform compatibility. Since version 0.7.0, MusicBrainz Picard supports automatic identifying of audio files through the MusicDNS service using the Open Fingerprint Architecture acoustic fingerprinting technology. Version 0.9.0 is a complete rewrite of the MusicBrainz Picard codebase, motivated by switch from wxPython to PyQt and Mac OS X support.
Supported file formats:
* MP3, TTA (ID3)
* Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Speex (Vorbis comment)
* Musepack, WavPack, OptimFROG, Monkey's Audio (APEv2 tag)
* AAC, ALAC (MP4)
* Windows Media Audio
* WAV
MusicBrainz Picard is named after the character Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Download -->>
Code:
*musicbrainz.org/doc/PicardDownload
Latest Version - 0.11

Windows Installer
picard-setup-0.11.exe (6.5M)
(MD5: cddbb26d227d4a078936b8a8da551849)

Mac OS X Universal Binary (10.4+)
MusicBrainz Picard UB.dmg (49MB)
(MD5: 138c98757d365241c76259ad6e0e1c7f)

Ubuntu Install
sudo apt-get install picard

Source Code Tarball
picard-0.11.tar.gz (432K)
(MD5: 02ddcff3e201b2cf54f1b52b02d44fad)

Plugin >>
Code:
*musicbrainz.org/doc/Picard_Plugins
I use Mp3tag v2.43, it seems to be more effective :)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@topgear
sure .. i think it uses that fingerprinting scan thats why its better than others, :idea:

and you are doing gr8 work man. generally i just the surf this thread .. and check out many stuff that you have posted. today i though why not add somthing which i just found. :lol:and does that game booster reallly works?

@thewisecrab
I have tried it but it doesnt not find the data on its own from the internet or may be i am not using it properly here. tell me if how to do that automatically. also the albumart., Its just faild to find the right thing or gave me so many options. on the other hand music braiz just shows 1 album for one song. also windows media player doesnt work all the time..

just try MusicBrainz for once..:wink:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear
sure .. i think it uses that fingerprinting scan thats why its better than others, :idea:

and you are doing gr8 work man. generally i just the surf this thread .. and check out many stuff that you have posted. today i though why not add somthing which i just found. :lol:and does that game booster reallly works?

just try MusicBrainz for once..:wink:

Yup, The game booster really works. It just turns off unnecessary services & programs loaded on memory. Though it will give you a list what service & programs you want close before actually closing anything. Tested it on vista home premium x64 & it worked like a charm :p

& That MusicBrainz really does a good job on my music collection :p
It find a album art of a 'Air Supply' album instantly :p

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Pazera Video Converters Suite 1.2

*img36.imageshack.us/img36/6201/pzvidcvtrsuite.th.jpg

Pazera Video Converters Suite is a collection of portable video converters which helps you to convert between almost all video formats like AVI, MPEG, MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, M4V, 3GP. The package also includes specialized converters to convert audio and video files for Zune, iPod and PSP players. In addition, the collection contains audio extractor & converter, which allows you to extract audio tracks from video files and convert audio files between the most important audio formats (MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, AAC, AC3, FLAC).

All converters have a very similar interface and they are simple to use, even for novice users.

To install, just extract archive Pazera_Video_Converters_Suite.zip to any folder on a hard disk or USB drive, then run StartPVCS.exe file.

Download here
SIZE: 29.74MB

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks for this one buddy :p
I've been using the audio conversion tool for long time. So it's time for using the video conversion tool :p

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@topgear

Gamebooster works like a charm.. when I run it, it makes so much more, on windows7 .. my ram usage is reduced to 384MB only (if i close the firefox and azureus as well which are the most ram hungry). thats real good. 384mb/2GB brillient. and with one click every thing back to normal. wow. Where this product has been all these years. It should be right up there. :lol:

@thewisecrab
I have to say MusicBrainz is good in auto mode, and if you need to manually edit multiple files mp3 tag works good. but since my most of the files didnt have full info musicbrainz find the info even i dont know. so i am using both of them together now. Cheers :)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
for those who cant run Daemon Tools on Windows7, try this

:arrow:for those who cant run Daemon Tools on Windows7, try this :razz:

*www.slysoft.com/img/logo/logo_t_vcd.gifVirtual CloneDrive

Download *www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD drive,
however it exists only virtually. Image files generated with CloneDVD or
CloneCD can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or
from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them
into a normal CD/DVD drive.

Probably the best virtual drive software, Virtual CloneDrive allows you
to enjoy the freedom of a virtual drive and is completely free.
Features
* Supports all common image formats such as ISO, BIN, CCD
* Supports up to 8 virtual drives at the same time
* Easy to use - just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
* Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
* Working on Windows 7 :idea:
*img504.imageshack.us/img504/3368/mwsnap005.jpg*img523.imageshack.us/img523/1311/mwsnap006.jpg
Added Advantage .. you can close your DVD rom tray with a click,
and you dont need to try registery editing or anything.
it just do it by default. Very Good feature.

alwynrozario

Yup.. Digging it!!!
Opera Unite: a Web server on the Web browser (and much more)

Take control of what you share online

Opera Unite allows you to easily share your data: photos, music, notes and other files. You can even run chat rooms and host entire Web sites with Opera Unite. It puts the power of a Web server in your browser, giving you greater privacy and flexibility than other online services.

Share with other Web browsers

What if you use Opera at home, and a different Web browser at work? Opera Unite services can be accessed from any modern browser, including mobile browsers! At home, just select what you want to share, and you can view it later using your work Web browser without any problems.

Integrated and extendable

Simply enable Opera Unite when you start Opera, and you are ready to go. Find and install services with one click from our online catalog or easily create your own by using Web standards like HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SVG and AJAX.

*www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/963132d3ff.jpg

Friends.. sorry about the image size :neutral:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ViGlance - Windows 7 Superbar for Windows XP

*lee-soft.com/viglance/images/viglance_processgrouping_small.jpg

Take control of your taskbar with process grouping

ViGlance groups windows relative to their process. Each open application reserves its own space on the bar. Windows relative to that application are then grouped as children of that application on the bar. This keeps the taskbar clean and better organised into a more logical grouping system.

Enjoy true 48x48 Vista/7 icons from your taskbar

Normally Windows XP and Vista is only capable of showing 16x16 sized icons on the taskbar. Yet we tend to respond better to pictures than text. Meaning we rarely read the text labels on our taskbar. The ViGlance superbar displays full colour 48x48 icons making it quicker to identify and manage your tasks.

Replace that ugly start button with a 7 Orb replica

The start button in Windows XP isn’t very pretty; it’s too big and ugly and its horrible shade of green. ViGlance replaces that horrible oversized start button with a small and efficient start orb. Whilst at the same time delivering a smooth fade transitional rollover effect like that of Windows 7.

"Glide effortlessly between tasks" - 7 Style transition effects

“Information shouldn’t just appear on the screen to the user” (MSDN). ViGlance implements a transition effect system I call “Glide”. This is based somewhat on the Aero peak feature from Windows 7. Each group is dynamically resized via the glide animation to fit the size of the available information to be presented, allowing you to “Glide” between each group on the Super Bar.

*lee-soft.com/viglance/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Risingware Exp+ Home

With dual panels and tabs, Risingware Exp+ 2.0.b seamlessly integrates most essential software into one, including a web browser based on Trident (IE) layout engine, a Windows Explorer replacement, and some handy utilities, to bring you fun and ultimate efficiency. It is available for both free use and paid use.

In other words, Risingware Exp+ integrates a multi-process web browser, a dual-panel file manager, and utilities, which is a super explorer providing single access to your desktop, the web and productivity.

Featured Functions
Dual-panel, multi-tabbed design
Interactive Start Page
Smart use of mouse (drag and drop, right-clicking)
Favorites management (Favorites, Groups)
Personalized toolbars (Function Key Toolbar, Fast Start Toolbar)

Dual-panel File Manager
File Compression Tool
Consecutive File Renamer
Image Previewer
File Content Previewer
File Split Tool

IE-based Web Browser
Multi-process and tabbed browsing
Multiple search
Create your personal search engines
Web Filter (Including Pop-up Blocker)
Integrate IE Accelerators and Search Providers
Drag and drop text search
Web page e-Mailer
RSS Reader

Utilities

Exp+ Basic Toolbox
Fast Start Genie
Boss Key
Window transparency tool

Exp+ Advanced Toolbox (Professional Edition only)
File Backup Tool
Directory Synchronizer
Batch File Renamer

*www.risingware.com/en/index.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Free Audio Converter

*www.dvdvideosoft.com/img2/screenshots/AudioConverter.png

Free Audio Converter converts different audio file formats, including mp3, wav, m4a, aac, wma, ogg.

Each format is provided with a corresponding profile kit and a preset editor in order to make a personalized preset. So you can create new presets, delete and edit the old ones (change the current parameters).

Free Audio Converter goes with both a single and a batch mode support.

Supports XP and Vista.

Free Audio Converter contains no spyware or adware. It's clearly free and absolutely safe to install and run.

*www.dvdvideosoft.com/download/FreeAudioConverter.exe

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
WordPress 2.8.3 Final

*img80.imageshack.us/img80/6915/wordpress2.th.gif

WordPress is a free and useful state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. What a mouthful. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.

More simply, WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it.

To get started with WordPress, set it up on a web host for the most flexibility or get a free account on WordPress.com.
WordPress is a powerful personal publishing platform, and it comes with a great set of features designed to make your experience as a publisher on the Internet as easy, pleasant and appealing as possible.

Requirements:

* PHP version 4.2 or greater
* MySQL version 3.23.23 or greater

Download here
SIZE: 2.25MB

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Copy changed files

*www.copychangedfiles.com/CopyChangedFiles.png

The copy changed files tool is a free program that lets you copy changed files from one directory tree to another.

The program only copies changed files, leaving all other files behind.

Features :

Copy changed files only
Multi threaded
Append current date to destination directory for easy version maintenance
Set from directory
Set to directory
Set the from date, to scan for files changed after that date
Maintain directory structure in destination directory

*www.copychangedfiles.com/

Top Bottom