Useful Freewares...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WildBit Viewer

*www.wildbit-soft.fi/FW_Images/screenshots.jpg

WildBit Viewer is compact & fast image viewer with slide show and editor. Eye catching interface within blazing fast folder, file list and thumbnail viewer. Viewer includes also Image Info with Image EXIF meta data JPEG and TIFF support and IPTC (IIMV4) information (like PhotoShop file info) from JPEG and TIFF, Thumbview has changeable views, sorting and thumbnail predefined sizes for fast thumbnail size setting.

WildBit Viewer also includes shell toolbar, you can drop your favorite folder there and use it as an organizer. It also includes image compare. In Compare you can compare images side-by-side. In Favorites you can save list of favorite images and load list later on and you can create custom show in to Slide Show also that list you can edit with Custom Show List Editor. With Slide Show you can view images within 172 different transition effects. Slide Show includes now multi-monitor support for fast switching between two monitors. WildBit Viewer supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF and TGA (over 50 formats).

*www.wildbit-soft.fi/software.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Free PDF Editor - free PDF writer and creator

*www.freepdfeditor.net/freepdfeditor_500x358.gif

Do you need create PDF documents? As one of the most popular exchange documents, PDF become one very important document format, but the process of creating PDF documents is not very easy for everyone, so this program "Free PDF Editor" be developed. This is one completely free and simple PDF editing and creating software, it can help you to create your pdf documents by yourself in minutes, no need any complex setting and knowledge about PDF format, handy and easy to use very much, specially for beginners.

Not need install any Acrobat software, such as PDF Reader, PDF Writer; not need install a visual pdf printer; not need install, all of this software is a stand alone execute file, you can it to your Flash USB disks, and run it anywhere as you like.

*www.freepdfeditor.net/

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I found the program Noob Killer, the most effective virus/spyware/trojan/malware removing tool.

It is a small file made in VB only used for deleting viruses and malware forcibly. I am telling you my personal experience on it. Once my computer was infected by a boot.com virus, when I downloaded a exe file from dailykeys.com. As soon as it got executed my whole computer was shut down. After I restarted, I could find an Autoplay option when I right-click a drive. I had asked the question in Tech. QnA in this site, they told me delete the autorun.inf from the root of the drives. I searched them but could find them. I could see a folder named 'resycled' where the file was stored but neither the folder could be opened nor could it be deleted. Then I learnt about Noob Killer from a site. I downloaded it....There I could find a lot of options to wipe out the virus...
I tried to manually remove the folder from within there and it worked...
The folder was deleted and my computer was free from the Autorun virus. I could have used the 8-X kill option but I didn't use it coz I knew where the virus was located. :)

Don't treat as an advertisement. I am telling you this because it is the great and most useful malware remover and as it is a freeware.

You can go here for details: *www.freewarefiles.com/Noob-Killer_program_42299.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GetGo Download Manager

*www.getgosoft.com/images/screenshots/main_window.gif

"One-Click" Rich Media Download: FLV, ON2, WMV, AVI, MPG, MP4, WMA, MP3 and more ...

GetGo Download Manager supports HTTP/FTP/MMS and integrates with IE and Firefox web browsers, which provides a seamless downloading experience. You can use GetGo easily download your favorite videos from YouTube, Myspace, Google Video, MetaCafe, DailyMotion, iFilm/Spike and any websites with embedded FLV flash videos with just "One-Click". Read more...

Exteme Download Acceleration

GetGo Download Manager accelerates download speed by splitting files into many blocks and then downloading them concurrently, which can result an increase in download speed up to 500%! Use GetGo to maximize your bandwidth and save your time.

Customizible, Dockable and Themed GUI: powerful but easy to use

GetGo Download Manager follows the latest trend of Mordern Graphical User Interface (GUI) on Windows. It comes with the New Office 2007 themed GUI by default. There are 12 different themes to choose from for your GetGo Main GUI Window layout. You can re-configure the sections (i.e. Panes) of the GetGo Main GUI Window the way you want. It is easy to use and configure for either starters or pros.

Fully Compatible with Windows Vista, IE7.x and Firefox 3.x

Smooth Vista User Access Control (UAC) and Internet Explorer 7 protected mode handling makes using GetGo Download Manager on Windows Vista painless. GetGo also integrates with latest version of Internet Explorer (7.x) and Firefox (3.x) from toolbar, context menu, to URL interception, providing a complete web surfing experience.

FREE and Safe: Completely FREE!!! NO Adware!!! NO spyware!!!

GetGo Download Manager is a FREEWARE and requires NO license code. You can configure GetGo to scan your downloaded files with your favourite Anti-Virus Software. GetGo also can shred the downloaded files when deleting them from disk to remove all traces.

www.getgosoft.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
PowerPro

*www.freewarefiles.com/screenshot/powerpro.gif

PowerPro lets you take control of how you use Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP. Run commands and configure your system any way you want.

PowerPro gives you a compact and powerful launch bar, menu, and tray icon facility. But this is just the start. With a little experimenting with its configuration, you'll find that you can use PowerPro to change the way you work with your system.

The source of its power is the way PowerPro integrates three capabilities:

Running commands: Tool bars, tray icons, hot keys, mouse actions, menus, timer, scheduler.

Controlling other program's windows: Close, minimize, maximize, roll-up to caption, tray minimize, position.

Providing utility functions: Send keystrokes to programs, run commands when windows first open, virtual desktops, clipboard extender, keyboard macros, shutdown, show all folder files in a menu, sounds, wallpaper, and screensaver activation and randomization.

*powerpro.webeddie.com/

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Trick To Hide Files Inside A BMP Image

BMP Wrap is a simple and easy to use tool which lets you hide any file inside a valid .BMP shell i.e you can hide data file of any type inside a .bmp image and send it anywhere and recipient can extract that file using BMP Wrap.

*img54.imageshack.us/img54/5779/bmpwrapthumb4780709.th.png

With BMP Wrap you can send exe, dll and other types of files which you were not able to send as email attachment as the destination mail server will never be able to find out about the hidden file inside the .BMP image file.

BMP wrap temporarily hides a file inside a valid .BMP shell once hidden you can send the BMP file to any one. The program usage is quite simple, you can simply store the executable any where and drag the file you want to wrap/unwrap onto the BMPWrap Icon

Note: This program is completely free and does not contain any adware or malware et

*hcidesign.com/bmpwrap/bmpWrap.exe

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seven Transformation Pack

*www.windowsxlive.net/assets/galleries/227/7tp_desktop.jpg

I've been thinking about Windows 7 transformation pack since pre-betas. However, I've been observing Windows 7 since pre-beta builds. I must admit that it didn't interest me that much for slightly UI changes and very few icons update. If I rush for first released packs, it'll be spammed with insignificant changes from real OS plus bloated stuff from prototype screenshots and become obsolete in no time. After waiting patiently for months, this moment is when it should exist.

Features :

Seven Transformation Pack will replace many of the resources in Windows XP/Windows Server 2003. It can change such things as:

Boot screen
Welcome Screen / Logon Screen
New msstyles files (visual styles)
New desktop and file icons
New toolbar icons
Progress Dialogs
Sounds scheme
System Tray icons
New Wallpapers
Some Windows 7's popular features
And much more

Changes in Version 1.0 (From Vista Transformation Pack 9.0.1)
-Added Superbar tweaks for sleek and groupped taskbar item
-Added Windows 7 new wallpaper
-Added Windows 7 user pictures
-Fixed scrnrdr.exe application for being reported as malware
-Fixed WindowBlinds skin detection bug in Welcome Center
-Removed LClock as it doesn't fit new taskbar UI anymore
-Removed Styler toolbar as it becomes obsolete with ViSplore
-Removed VisualTooltip due to its glitches caused with the system
-Updated battery tray icon
-Updated logon screen with horizontal account list.
-Updated logon startup branding to Windows Seven
-Updated Vista Rainbar's default background to transparent (without border)
-Updated theming engine to apply themes and automatically
-Updated system to load/save configuration for Personalization
-Updated Transformation Destination information context for better understanding
-Updated TrueTransparency to version 1 with SevenStyle skin
-Updated user account's optimization settings
-Updated ViSplore with Windows Seven skin
-Updated ViStart to version 2.0 build 3468 (Native mode) with Windows Seven skin
-Updated visual styles to Windows 7 ones called "Windows Seven"
-Updated ViOrb to ViGlance (Superbar emulation)
-Updated Windows 7 icons
-Updated ViSplore and WinFlip to be safe applications

*www.windowsxlive.net/seven-transformation-pack

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
MyFotoPad 1.0

*img12.imageshack.us/img12/7828/myfotopad9583494.th.jpg

MyFotoPad is Scrapbooking Software that is completely FREE. It does all the things you need in most scrapbooking functions without having to pay over the top prices for software that has half the functionality.

Features:

* Write wherever you want anywhere you like
* Draw anything you like just like pen and paper
* Use and create your own collages for your pictures
* Capture any Bit of the screen you need from the Web or Elsewhere
* Have AUDIO recordings as part of your scrapbook
* Change your Photos to Black and White
* Give your Pictures a Sepia effect for a Dated look
* Emboss your pictures to give that 3-D look
* Create a Torn look on your pictures
* Soften, Blur or Sharpen pictures at will
* Lighten Darken and improve the contrast of your pictures
* Convert your Scrapbooking to HTML pages

Installation is not necessary. Just download and run the executable file.

Requires .NET Framework 2.0

Download here
SIZE: 2.88 MB

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SmoothDraw

*www.smoothdraw.com/images/smoothdraw_3.jpg

*www.smoothdraw.com/product/images/sd_shot3.jpg

"With SmoothDraw, you can forget about learning software tools, just start drawing with all your talents!"

Because of the economy crisis, we decided to make SmoothDraw a freeware. Enjoy the new version and happy drawing. ;)

SmoothDraw is an easy natural painting and digital free-hand drawing software that can produce high quality pictures. Support many kinds of brushes (pen, pencil, dry media, airbrush, bristle brush, image hose, etc.), retouch tools, layers, image adjustment, and many effects... Works great with tablets and Tablet PC.

*www.smoothdraw.com/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SCREEN2EXE

*www.screen-record.com/images/screen2exe_box.jpg

This screen recorder creates instant screen demos, tutorials and presentations with the highest compression ratio in the world. With SCREEN2EXE or SCREEN2SWF, the 1M bytes FREE (or free to try) screen recorder, you can:

Record

Record onscreen changes
Record mouse movement and clicking.
Record speech from microphone.
High speed. Capture up to 30 frames per seconds with 'Max' mode!

Edit

Add text, image, annotation and mosaic into your recorded video.
Add zoom in, focus, fade in/out effects.
Add delay or cut clips.

Export

EXE self-play file
Flash movie (SWF file) and AVI file. *(SCREEN2SWF)
Best quality and Scalable settings

The screen recorder allows you to set quality from lossless true color mode to lossy grayscale mode, which helps to get best trade-off between quality and file-size.

The world's smallest movie files for fast sharing.
Based on advanced, special designed SSCV2 codec, it may have the highest compression ratio in the world compared to other screen recorders. A smaller file is very important when you want to share your demo via the Internet. If you find another screen recorder that does better than us in compression, on the same contents and quality, please contact us

*www.screen-record.com/screen2exe.htm
*www.screen-record.com/dl/SCREXESetup.exe

jbohaj

Broken In
Hi, which is the good Software for Cloning, Backup the Data of entire Hard Disk , Partition by partition??

Also refer a good data compression tool to minimize its size on Hard disk.

Hi, which is the good Software for Cloning, Backup the Data of entire Hard Disk , Partition by partition??

Also refer a good data compression tool to minimize its size on Hard disk.

Use CloneZilla for cloning and backup. (click name for link).

For compression, use 7-zip or some similar compression. Or use WinRAR.

But trust me, the time its going to take to compress several GB of data, you are much better off just writing the backup in multiple parts to DVDs or to an external drive. Unless you want to wait till tomorrow for compression to be done :grin:

Use CloneZilla for cloning and backup. (click name for link).

For compression, use 7-zip or some similar compression. Or use WinRAR.

But trust me, the time its going to take to compress several GB of data, you are much better off just writing the backup in multiple parts to DVDs or to an external drive. Unless you want to wait till tomorrow for compression to be done :grin:
Is it GUI-CLI based?
More importantly, is it n00b friendly?
I'm a n00b when it comes to such things, hence the question. :|

jbohaj

Broken In
Thanks, I hear Clonezilla for the 1st Time. Is it capable to Back Up different individual Folders?. and what about Norton Ghost?, as it is most popular.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DriveImage XML

*www.runtime.org/images/dixml.gif

DriveImage XML is an easy to use and reliable program for imaging and backing up partitions and logical drives.

The program allows you to:
Backup logical drives and partitions to image files
Browse these images, view and extract files
Restore these images to the same or a different drive
Copy directly from drive to drive
Schedule automatic backups with your Task Scheduler

Image creation uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Services (VSS), allowing you to create safe "hot images" even from drives currently in use.

Images are stored in XML files, allowing you to process them with 3rd party tools. Never again be stuck with a useless backup!

Restore images to drives without having to reboot.

DriveImage XML is now faster than ever, offering two different compression levels.

DriveImage XML runs under Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista only. The program will backup, image and restore drives formatted with FAT 12, 16, 32 and NTFS.

Two versions of DriveImage XML are available:

Private Edition: Private home users are allowed to use the Private Edition of DriveImage XML without charge. You are allowed to install DriveImage XML on your home PC. You must not use DriveImage XML commercially. No support is provided for the Private Edition.

Commercial Edition: If you are a business or organization or use DriveImage XML commercially, you need to purchase the Commercial Edition. The Commercial Edition is available with 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100-user licenses. The first screen of the Commercial Edition can be customized to show your name, address, support numbers, etc. The buyer of the Commercial Edition is allowed to install the denominated number of copies of DriveImage XML on computers in its own organization or on customer's computers. Support is provided to the buyer of the Commercial Edition for the period of one year and for the number of support incidences specified at the time of purchase. You are entitled to free updates for one year from the time of purchase.

*www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm

Run Drive Image XML from a boot CD-ROM

*www.runtime.org/peb.htm

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ESET SysInspector

*www.freewarefiles.com/screenshot/esetsysinspector.jpg

ESET SysInspector is a free, state of the art diagnostic tool for Windows systems. It is also an integral part of ESET Smart Security 4 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4. It peers into your operating system and captures details such as running processes, registry content, startup items and network connections. Once a snapshot of the system is made, ESET SysInspector applies heuristics to assign a risk level for each object logged. Its intuitive graphical user interface enables the user to easily slice through the large volume of data using a slider to select objects of a particular color coded risk level for closer examination. ESET SysInspector is a convenient utility for the tool box of every IT expert and first responder.

Key Features:

Ability to generate and save a detailed log to be used by an IT expert or uploaded to an online forum for diagnosis

Option to exclude private, personal information from being saved in logs

Integrated Anti-Stealth technology allows discovering hidden objects (e.g. rootkits) in MBR, registry entries, drivers, services and processes

Ability to compare two existing logs for differences makes it easy to detect changes over time

Log entries are assigned a color code risk level for easy filtering Intuitive hierarchical navigation of logs

Fast and compact single file executable, ideal for first responders to run from a USB drive without lengthy installation

*www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Mobiwee Vista Gadget 1.0.0

*img200.imageshack.us/img200/2931/mobiweevistagdgt6323111.jpg

This sleek, lightweight gadget will sit quietly in the Windows Sidebar, notifying you of all incoming calls, text messages (which you can respond to), allowing you to send any file, and locating your mobile device.
So far, the gadget works with Windows Mobile and Android devices with many more in the pipeline (Blackberry, Palm Pre, and a robust laptop client). For those looking for an OS agnostic backup/recovery/security solution, this is the answer.

Download here
SIZE: 199KB

Top Bottom