Used Nvidia GeForce XFX 7950GX2, 1GB RAM, 520MHz Graphics card for sale!!

vikram1986

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys, I hold with me an Nvidia GeForce XFX 7950GX2 1GB Ram graphics card, which i bought from Tigerdirect, USA when I was in the US, in October 2006.

The card is in extremely good (near mint) condition & I would like to sell it off since I gave up PC gaming in 2007 itself & shifted to consoles.

Technical specifications for the card are as follows:

XFX GeForce 7950GX2 Extreme 2 GPUs - GF 7950 GX2 - 1 GB
* Device Type: Graphics adapter
* Enclosure Type: Plug-in card
* Interface Type: PCI Express x16
* Graphics Processor / Vendor: 2 GPUs - NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2
* Core Clock Speed: 520 MHz
* RAMDAC Clock Speed: 400 MHz
* API Supported: DirectX 9.0, OpenGL 2.0
* Video Memory Installed ( Max ): 1 GB - GDDR3 SDRAM
* Video Output: 2560 x 1600
* Max Monitors Supported: 2
* TV Interface: HDTV out

I purchased it for $650 from the states 2 years back. But since so many cards have caught up with this, I quote Rs.12000 for the card. Comes with the box packing, sockets, manual & wiring. It did contain the tomb raider legend game as well, but I happen to have misplaced it.

Do contact me if you're interested

Regards,

Vikram Bagga
Ahmedabad, Gujarat *www.indiabroadband.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

7950 roughly compares to 9500GT in performance. And a 9500GT 512MB costs Rs. 3,500.
Two of them would be Rs. 7,000.
But the 9600GT Sonic costs 5.5K and has better performance than two 9500GT in crossfire.

Do the math yourself and try revising the price. Also remember that this card is out of warranty and DRINKS electricity like nothing else.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
If you can get 2 9600GT and sli them it will give atleast thrice the performace of the card in contention here with about 1K less and it would be 10.1 Direct X ready.
I recently got a 3870 X2 for around 6K and still thinking if it was costly.Ya i serves my purpose with all settting maxed out except for in Crysis.It caters to my 22" LCD.Still a thought crosses me.
But would i buy an inferior card for double the price than what i got,i think not.
I seriously advice the thread creator to keep the card around 6k.
@Mods/Admins please make it compulsory for the sellers to upload the real pictures of the product with their username and date.
This is in favour to the honorable members here.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
I think mods shud make a rule that members only with post count 30-40 + are allowed to post in market section

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
7950 roughly compares to 9500GT in performance. And a 9500GT 512MB costs Rs. 3,500.
Two of them would be Rs. 7,000.
But the 9600GT Sonic costs 5.5K and has better performance than two 9500GT in crossfire.

Do the math yourself and try revising the price. Also remember that this card is out of warranty and DRINKS electricity like nothing else.

7950GX2 isn't that low a performer. It matches the 9600GT in performance to be precise, but here's what it does MORE THAN 9600GT:-
1. More(much more) Power requirement
2. More heat
3. A tad larger too(and 9600GT is huge)
4. Outdated 90nm card.(or is it older?)

9600GT sells for Rs. 5500.

This card won't fetch more than Rs. 4000(that's the best of conditions).
This is what happens, buying expensive hardware doesn't always give resale value.

OP
V

vikram1986

@ ionicsachin, you're right, I'm a newbie & was trying to sell my card in the market section, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just because people have been posting doesn't mean they deserve to be here. It's the bazaar is it not? 30-40 posts? Why not a newbie who wants to sell his pre-held stuff. If the mods gave the nod, then what's the problem.

I haven't been keeping up with PC graphic cards, especially not with the technical insight you've all put light on. I over-estimated the re-sale value. The power usage is high on this one, & It drinks power on a cooled 650W, agreed, but it at one time, was the best in it's category.. it delivers well at Hi-res.

I still want to sell it. I'll quote 7000/-. The thing is, it's been with me for so long. The series existing then was geforce7, & 1900XTX for ATI (2006Nov). I'm from the 60s, i suppose. But It's a high quality PC card which has hardly been used. Any sensible good gamer would & should re-consider the price quoted.

Anyways, Thank you all so much for the suggestions :) I really appreciate it.
If someone's still interested, at rs.7000, please do contact me.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, can you ensure me that after selling your product you are gonna be a regular user of ThinkDigit forum??? People deserve to be here to be a part of a good and healthy technology forum, it has a bazaar section, but that bazaar section is just not for any one who "MIGHT" later back off...

And everyone who is reading this clearly knows as of now why you joined TD, but yeah, you are free to do anything....:)

Last edited:
OP
V

vikram1986

Hey sachin, You're right. I might not use the forum again. Not a big deal. If I can help someone with a good card they're seeking, it's a happy trade. But seems that's not the case here. I'm good with that too.

But on a lighter note, I'm getting older man. I can't catch up with graphic cards & a year down the line, we'll be entering series11 or 12. i don't know about the latest ATIs

I've been in the automobile business for more than 8 months now & I'm doing good. Keeping up with PC technology is tough, and quite frankly, I don't have the time. It's worthless too because of the pathetic re-sale values & installations & the time & money I've wasted on buying accessories (650W liquid cooled SMPS & at least 5000 on repairs for hardware & software crashes)

I'm sticking to the PS3 because it delivers on graphics & is very, very low maintenance without a hassle which PC desktop setups pose. Believe me, I've been at peace since.

I'll upgrade to a Athlon 6000X2 tomorrow, but 6 months down, there would be the 9000 in the market. it might be there now as well, I DON'T CARE. I don't want to get into cards again, because i know that, if I've spent 5500 on the latest card, I'll have to spend twice for a newer card even if i trade. And trading isn't easy I've learned.

No hard feelings at all. I wish you well. thanks :)

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
vikram1986 said:
I'll upgrade to a Athlon 6000X2 tomorrow, but 6 months down, there would be the 9000 in the market.
You guessed it right, 9000 series is already there.. They are Phenoms from AMD. In fact, Phenom II is out. And I doubt Athlon 9000+ will ever be there.

Apart that, consoling is a good decision. PC sucks at many things. Good luck with your sale. ;)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I'll upgrade to a Athlon 6000X2 tomorrow, but 6 months down, there would be the 9000 in the market. it might be there now as well, I DON'T CARE.

Hey Vikram please dont go for Athlon 6000+ since there is a better one available for the same price.
Get Athlon 64 X2 7750+ Black Edition for around 3500 Rs.
It will be lot better for you.
Thanks and welcome to the forum.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I checked with a dealer in lamington road in mumbai and he still has some 7950's left with him and you can get them at 6.2k :?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@ ionicsachin, you're right, I'm a newbie & was trying to sell my card in the market section, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Just because people have been posting doesn't mean they deserve to be here. It's the bazaar is it not? 30-40 posts? Why not a newbie who wants to sell his pre-held stuff. If the mods gave the nod, then what's the problem.

I haven't been keeping up with PC graphic cards, especially not with the technical insight you've all put light on. I over-estimated the re-sale value. The power usage is high on this one, & It drinks power on a cooled 650W, agreed, but it at one time, was the best in it's category.. it delivers well at Hi-res.

I still want to sell it. I'll quote 7000/-. The thing is, it's been with me for so long. The series existing then was geforce7, & 1900XTX for ATI (2006Nov). I'm from the 60s, i suppose. But It's a high quality PC card which has hardly been used. Any sensible good gamer would & should re-consider the price quoted.

Anyways, Thank you all so much for the suggestions :) I really appreciate it.
If someone's still interested, at rs.7000, please do contact me.

Rs. 7000

Dude, any sensible gamer would buy a 9600GT for Rs. 5500, not only because it uses lesser power, but it supports DX10 gaming, is a MUCH better performer, and is of the current generation.

Well, let's see, you never know, there are some "collectors" too to buy such cards.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Better use it yourself man. or give it to someone who does. I don't think one would love to sell it at such a low price. But then you wont get good price for it..

I will NEVER EVER buy a high end stuff my entire life, especially after reading this.

niceman1430

I checked with a dealer in lamington road in mumbai and he still has some 7950's left with him and you can get them at 6.2k :?

Hi Rohan,

Buddy, can you tell me where this is available for 6.2K at Lamington Road, interested in buying a new one at that price.

Hey sachin, You're right. I might not use the forum again. Not a big deal. If I can help someone with a good card they're seeking, it's a happy trade. But seems that's not the case here. I'm good with that too.

But on a lighter note, I'm getting older man. I can't catch up with graphic cards & a year down the line, we'll be entering series11 or 12. i don't know about the latest ATIs

I've been in the automobile business for more than 8 months now & I'm doing good. Keeping up with PC technology is tough, and quite frankly, I don't have the time. It's worthless too because of the pathetic re-sale values & installations & the time & money I've wasted on buying accessories (650W liquid cooled SMPS & at least 5000 on repairs for hardware & software crashes)

I'm sticking to the PS3 because it delivers on graphics & is very, very low maintenance without a hassle which PC desktop setups pose. Believe me, I've been at peace since.

I'll upgrade to a Athlon 6000X2 tomorrow, but 6 months down, there would be the 9000 in the market. it might be there now as well, I DON'T CARE. I don't want to get into cards again, because i know that, if I've spent 5500 on the latest card, I'll have to spend twice for a newer card even if i trade. And trading isn't easy I've learned.

Dude, I am interested in buying one of these, but as Rohan said, if a new one is available for 6K, buying an old at 7K doesnt make sense, does it? I already have one of these, planning to buy another for a Quad SLI setup since these already have two GPUs.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
if you wanna sell it off, try to sell around 4-4.5k or under or just keep it to yourself for old times sake.

Top Bottom