used galaxy s2 or xperia l

messi94

Broken In
Frends this is my first post on tdf. So please ignore my mistakes. Ok here is my question, i am going to buy a phone soon. My budget is around 15-17 k. I am getting used galaxy s2 for 15000 with 5 month warrenty. So please please suggest me whether i should buy s2 or wait for xperia l.i just want some gaming and web browing. I dont need good camera phone.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Don't go 4 galaxy s2 ...it heats up pretty fast...wait for xperia l or get an Lg L9 .... These 2 r ur best options :D

shreymittal

Being Human
Welcome buddy to TDF
Now on your query just wait an get Xperia L you will be more happy buying new phone instead of buying used IMO just wait and get Xperia L not even LG L9

OP
M

messi94

Broken In
Thanks you guys But what about micromax canvas hd ? Is it good choice? And i also heard that sony dont provide much update to phone but you guys knows better than me so what you all think. I dont want to regret later after buy the phone.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Thanks you guys But what about micromax canvas hd ? Is it good choice? And i also heard that sony dont provide much update to phone but you guys knows better than me so what you all think. I dont want to regret later after buy the phone.

And MMX does? :p

Sony is improving with its updates cycle. L and SP should be upgraded to android key lime pie atleast.
Still that is no reason to overlook its great build quality, specs and most of all good support.
MMX is very bad with after-sales support. Avoid it at all costs.
Get the sony Xperia L.

OP
M

messi94

Broken In
Ok thanks friends and one last question what if i got xperia sl or s in my price range should i buy that over xperia l ?

5fusion

Journeyman
Ok thanks friends and one last question what if i got xperia sl or s in my price range should i buy that over xperia l ?
If you want it now and cant wait, then why not. dont get xperia s as its got really short battery life, instead get SL only if you find a steal deal. But i would say better to wait for Xperia L as its got newer chipset and must be much better in performance than the old Xperia range. no point in going for older models, specially in case of mobiles as every quarter months there's something or the other better stuff comes out.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
+1 for L. If you can't wait, get S2, but it is overpriced IMO, considering the current gen mobile pricing.

OP
M

messi94

Broken In
@5fusion bro i can wait till april's end. And more thing will xperia l's 1 ghz dual core processor will able to compete against xperia sl's 1.7 ghz dual core ?

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
If you can wait then xperia L otherwise l9(price cut round the corner)
Imho avoid second hand s2 its costly.
Galaxy s advance @13500 from croma also seems good option if you not into customisation. Will be updated to jb by may.

Last edited:

5fusion

Journeyman
@5fusion bro i can wait till april's end. And more thing will xperia l's 1 ghz dual core processor will able to compete against xperia sl's 1.7 ghz dual core ?
mate you have no idea what dual core krait cpus can do. their performance is devastating and on par or even beat quadcores:wink:. X:L easily gonna take over SL by a good margin as its benchmarks are close to 4Xhd which is a tegra 3 quadcore cpu. now here a 1Ghz dual krait on X:L is very close to a 1.5Ghz quad. so never judge the performance of phones by clock frequency alone.
read this whole thread patiently to know better -- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/171642-sony-announces-xperia-l-sp-mid-range-droids-3.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom