USB sound card

imgame2

Padawan
hello,
I have a laptop(lenevo Z750) with realtek HD sound and recently i purchased decent headphones for it. (32 ohms impedance).

now perhaps because of impedance(earphones with 16 ohms impedance gives good sound level) i m not getting enough sound output. I have tried everything and come to a conclusion that i will need a usb sound card.

i have narrowed the usb sound cards to steel series USB sound card,creative X-Fi go,Creative X-fi 5.1 surround pro USB, and ASUS Sonar.

Out of them i found that steel series USB is available n flipkart. though i can't find the others in any online shops or even nearby shops.

i would like your advice on :

1) anyway of increasing sound output.
2) if there is any good usb sound card available and where can i buy them in Delhi (Nehru place is a demand supply market, what is not popular and not in demand will not be found in Nehru place :( )

tkin

Back to school!!
Get the steelseries card, I have one, and it works great.

Also you could buy a FiiO E6 amp for the headphones(from ebay).

tkin

Back to school!!
Sorry for going Off-Topic.. But do you know any place to get E6 on COD option?
Not that I know of: FiiO E6 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier | eBay

This guy(pristinenote) is a very reputable seller in ebay and techenclave forums as well(registered dealer there), so you can go ahead and purchase easily.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Not that I know of: FiiO E6 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier | eBay

This guy(pristinenote) is a very reputable seller in ebay and techenclave forums as well(registered dealer there), so you can go ahead and purchase easily.

Thanks, I will look into it. Btw are there any stores in the city selling E6?

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks, I will look into it. Btw are there any stores in the city selling E6?
You're in Delhi right? Then no. Ebay is the only way.

Where to Buy : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

OP
I

imgame2

Padawan
hi guys thanks a lot for replies .. @tkin in which way do u find .. steelseries card good ?

and as far as i know that FIIO E6 is available with ITwares too for 1500/- .. but .. i was reading it somewhere .. that .. a sound card is more versatile .. as it help on games as well .. which FIIO may not do that well ..

well i saw people selling X-FI 5.1 pro usb too .. though i don't know if its worth buying from there ?

*www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-Creative-Sound-Blaster-X-Fi-PRO-USB-Sound-Card-Surround-5-1-Pro-THX-/260898245905?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3cbebf4d11http://

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: thought about SteelSeries Siberia soundcard?

@tkin: this card is is very good, isn't it?

tkin

Back to school!!
No no no, FiiO E6 is just an amp, it takes audio in and outputs filtered audio, you will still need a soundcard, the steelseries siberia is a very good card, it supports virtual 7.1 channel audio(with all headphones) and the effect actually works like a charm, sound quality is awesome as well.

PS: XFi usb is not a bad card, just that its costly and also the drivers are not good enough, plenty of pc games have issues with creative soundcards, I'd suggest you to stay away from them.

@OP: thought about SteelSeries Siberia soundcard?

@tkin: this card is is very good, isn't it?
The best 1.5k I had ever spent in my life.

OP
I

imgame2

Padawan
that sums it up. thanks tkin for that.
thanks everyone for contributing and it helped me decide that i should go for steel series USB sound card.

As the history suggests yes creative sound cards are notorious for their drivers, but it is also truth that they make the best sound processing chips, and there is a community which develops custom drivers for most popular creative chips (like audigy and XFi).

It was realtek's HD sound chips which removed the need for a separate sound cards thanks to them.

But another reason for not going for creative is that they are costly and they are about two years old. so going for Steel Series.

Thanks each and everyone here for their time and effort. :)

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
No no no, FiiO E6 is just an amp, it takes audio in and outputs filtered audio, you will still need a soundcard, the steelseries siberia is a very good card, it supports virtual 7.1 channel audio(with all headphones) and the effect actually works like a charm, sound quality is awesome as well.

PS: XFi usb is not a bad card, just that its costly and also the drivers are not good enough, plenty of pc games have issues with creative soundcards, I'd suggest you to stay away from them.

What about USB -> Siberia -> E6 -> Headphone?

uncommonaman

Broken In
Got SteelSeries Siberia USB Sound Card from flipkart today. Although sound quality is good, build quality is very bad. Buttons are creaking. Anyone else's buttons are creaking? Is the build quality like that or I got a defective piece?

Top Bottom