USB port not working!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishant

Broken In
hi guys,

donno why but one of my 4 usb ports is not working. in the device manager it shows that port as an unknown device. can u guys help me...i'm really running short of usb ports...

*img191.imageshack.us/img191/6703/usbkph.th.jpg

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
There maybe some USB device connected to your computer which is showing this error. If you haven't installed it's drivers then it will show like that. If you have got the drivers then install them.

And if it is coming on it's own(without any new hardware connected) try uninstalling the device? Rightclick the device, select properties and in the Driver tab, select Uninstall.

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
By any chance, is it Acer Aspire notebook?? Even i had same problem.. searched on the net, and realised that there were so many people around the world suffering the USB problem. You may check if the motherboard has this design prob. Google is the answer.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
If you're in a rush, then simply get a USB hub & forget about the one problematic USB port.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Re-install your USB 2.0 driver. The thing is the device you are plugging in to that port, its driver is also not getting installed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom