USB not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi
No USB devices are being recognized in my system since last night.

I had shut down my PC on Friday night.
Switched it on on Sunday night.

PC switched one, loaded to OS and found my Mouse, KBD and attached USB drives are not working.

What I did till now?
1. Removed CMOS battery and put it back thrice (now the PC has stopped going further boot screen as it requires me to fix BIOS settings!)
2. Changed RAM modules (swiped slots and tried with single modules)
3. Tried all USB ports.
4. Hit my KBD furiously in frustration
5. Hit my cabinet gently once

Solutions looking for:
1. I'm sure my USB ports are not working. Am I thinking wrong? Can there be any other reason?
2. I'm in Kolkata, kaikhali (near Airport to make you familiar). Any info on trustworthy mechanic?

Thanks...

Flash

Lost in speed
Goto "Device manager" and uninstall all the devices under it.
Once done, restart the system; all the drivers should install by themselves.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
try Booting a Live Linux CD/DVD and check if keyboard and mouse are getting detected.
check if any lights blinks on keyboard when you restart your pc.

Also, see if you able to enter into BIOS by pressing F2 or delete key to check if KB is actually not working or is it an OS problem.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Also, see if you able to enter into BIOS by pressing F2 or delete key to check if KB is actually not working or is it an OS problem.

KBD not working. Can't enter BIOS.

Now, that I'm replying you....I'm not sure how would I enter Linux if my KBD is not functioning.
Need to see if Ubuntu is the default selection...

I'll get back tomorrow.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
:lol: need to set boot order and keyboard not working :lol: it would be easy to check on other system if it's working or not.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fcking PC fixed itself!!!

Had to put 3-4 mid intensity kicks and it detected KBD and Mouse. This is now a ticking bomb. Can go dead anytime :(

"Latho ke bhoot baato se nahi mante"

- - - Updated - - -

Percussive Maintenance
A common variation involves a character, having tried every method they can think of to get something to work and after working for hours with no success, hits the malfunctioning device solely for the purpose of Percussive Therapy, only for the device to respond to the Percussive Maintenance and start working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom