Usb Mass Storage Device Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shersaha

Broken In
Hi,

I have typical problem using usb mass storage device. whenever I connect it into computer usb port , windows XP professional shows unknown device or in device manager it shows yellow question mark. Though all usb port are working fine. There is no problem with usb port. I have checked with all the port but it shows the same problem . Thoush other device like usb printer working fine.
Previously this usb mass storage device was working fine in this computer. I have tested it with other computer and working fine in other computer. I have tried to reinstall/update device driver but no progress. I have tried manually delete the usbstor.sys file from system32 folder and copy/paste another usbsotr.sys file but it fails. checked in system32 folder that usbstor.sys is 25 k(approx) and searching on net I found usbstor.sys is 20 k(approx). whenever i tried to copy/paste this file it automatically become 25 k after pasting. so can't get rid of the problem. whenever i given different path for driver, it shows there is no device driver though usbsotr.sys is there.

Please help to get rid of this problem.

sourav

In the zone
i had a similar experience.

is this your new computer (literally does it support usb 2.0)?
if yes
then
your usb mass storage device is not working in usb 2.0 mode.

I have a pendrive (gigabyte 128 mb, the one given by digit). It worked fine with every computer, but after one year it stopped working in my computer.
When i plugged that to my computer, windows started making sounds like plugging and unplugging device continuously, it happened with many computers running on usb 2.0 mode but it didn't happen in computers running in usb 1.1 mode.
so, i changed my computer settings to usb 1.1 and it did start working. (i changed the mode in bios)

check your computer bios to change the usb mode.

if your answer was no, then sorry

sourav

In the zone
anyone know why this is happening

in motheroards i was not able to find the option of changing the setting of usb mode.

OP
S

shersaha

Broken In
previously usb masstorage device was working fine. but at present its not working. though usb port is fine and working. this usb mass storage device is working fine with other computer. I can use the same usb port for usb printer and working fine. where is the problem.? I dont know? please help me..

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Guys now its my turn with this problem......

can any one help to fix it....?

am looking to connect my k750i with pc but the hardware wizard failed to install the driver i tried it manually also no use....

so plz guys help me out soon

satyamy

Alive Again...
I was getting the similar error
My Pendrive was working fine on Back Side USB Port
but not on front panel
I read the motherboard manually carefull and tried every possible way but nothing solved the prob.

Now Guess why was it causing like this

The Problem was with my Electricity Main Power Button
Earthing was not Proper, so USB was not getting correct power supply
hahaha

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Even my back usb is also not working with my fone.... it works fine with other things..

why my hardware wizard getting failed to install it? i reinstalled xp also no use (without formatting) now i think there is only one option...

just to format and install new xp........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom