USB IDE HDD not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond_315

Broken In
Bought a new maotherboard and processor.. Installed windows xp sp2. USB pen drive gets detected but my USB IDE HDD 160 GB doe not.. Does not get detected at BIOS and windows hangs durng loading if it is connected.

If i connected it after Windows load , icon for removable hardware come in the system tray and Device is seen in "device managment" but its hangs and you cant access anything.

Do not see it in Computer management if I open the window and then connect the HDD. Cant open Computer management after connecting...Window will open only after I remove the HDD.

Could it be a problem with IDE number. The new mother-borad has 1 internal IDE connector to which i have connected my old internal hard disk and DVD rom. Both get detected at boot up.

Please help!

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Take the IDE disk out of the casing and remove the dvd rom, slave the IDE disk and boot up and see what happens. If it doesnt detect then its likely that the disk is bad.

However if it works normally, then the case (coverter) is bad, or the harddrive isnt receiving enough power to function properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom