Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
One my family members recently attended a seminar and got a 64 MB pen drive as a takeaway.

But now i am facing a small problem.

I can connect it and transfer data as an when I want. But If I remove the disk from the slot and then re-insert it windows fails to recognise it till I reboot.

Can you guys please give me a suggestion as to how I should solve this problem and be able to remove and connect the pen drive as an when required without a reboot.

I even did that Safely remove hardware in the tray before removing it but it still did not accept the device.

Please help.

Thanks

mediator

Technomancer
This soln might work!
I assume ur using XP! So ur problem is very similar to the problem most nokia phone users face when they connect their phone to pc via usb interface and then after disconnecting arent able to connect it again until reboot!
I found the soln...that if u remove the services and apps that are loaded in memory bcoz of the phone connect and then try connectin phone... u r thru!
So the point is try to remove any app or service that is loaded in memory when u 1st connect ur USB drive...and after removing em then try connecting ur USB drive again!
I hope i was clear

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@godsownman Install all the current drivers dude. and if you are having a usb card then install its drivers.

and also try mediator's solution

Tech&ME

Banned
mediator said:
This soln might work!
I assume ur using XP! So ur problem is very similar to the problem most nokia phone users face when they connect their phone to pc via usb interface and then after disconnecting arent able to connect it again until reboot!
I found the soln...that if u remove the services and apps that are loaded in memory bcoz of the phone connect and then try connectin phone... u r thru!
So the point is try to remove any app or service that is loaded in memory when u 1st connect ur USB drive...and after removing em then try connecting ur USB drive again!
I hope i was clear

Ya I think Mediator is correct, just go to the Temp folder and delete everything from it and then re-insert your pen drive again, this will solve your problem.

ishaan

Padawan
also jus try pressing ctrl alt del to het the task manager...go 2 processes and end explorer...then go on file>run on top of the task manager and type explorer.exe there

it should work now...i get d same prob wid my ipod sometimes, n dis works for it..

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Why does this happen. It removes the ease of working if this sort of thing happens.

@ Ishaan

your method did not work.

@Mediator

I will try out your method and post back some time later.

Thanks

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
charangk said:
@godsownman Install all the current drivers dude. and if you are having a usb card then install its drivers.

and also try mediator's solution

which pen drive comes with drivers disc?????? :wink: :wink:

instead of restarting...try logging off and logging bak on...

also hav a luk at this thread...pretty exhaustive one...i havnt gone through the whole page, u might find something worth trying..

*www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_20790258.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom