USB Dongle not showing up in My Computer

sahil1033

In the zone
I bought a Micromax MMX 300C modem and installed it, everything was fine. I uninstalled it using 'Revo Uninstaller' and since then it's not showing up in 'My Computer' and I'm feeling very annoyed because it's showing in 'Device Manager' stating "This device is working properly". Help ASAP.

Gollum

Collector
I bought a Micromax MMX 300C modem and installed it, everything was fine. I uninstalled it using 'Revo Uninstaller' and since then it's not showing up in 'My Computer' and I'm feeling very annoyed because it's showing in 'Device Manager' stating "This device is working properly". Help ASAP.

you could have used windows uninstalled
now you will have to reinstall windows to get it to work again

TheHumanBot

Padawan
try in safe mode see if it shows up there?
if not uninstall it from safe mode and reinstall with drivers and restart.
i guess it should solve it.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
it's not even showing up in safe mode too
see, it supports microSD too, so it's showing up the drive for the microSD card but not the modem itself.
Help ASAP, I'm so damn frustated.

Gollum

Collector
So if you try to open the device in explorer and try to reinstall the driver, would it not work?

TheHumanBot

Padawan
if you are on Windows 7 Update your OS and it will solve your problem 200% sure. have done it my self.
friend's 16GB drive had same issues when i plugin, it play that USB detection sound but can't find it in my computer.
Update your OS and it will surely solve it.

why i didn't said it earlier? was busy and couldn't recall. thats why i just replied to remind me that i have solved similar issue before.

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
if you are on Windows 7 Update your OS and it will solve your problem 200% sure. have done it my self.
friend's 16GB drive had same issues when i plugin, it play that USB detection sound but can't find it in my computer.
Update your OS and it will surely solve it.

why i didn't said it earlier? was busy and couldn't recall. thats why i just replied to remind me that i have solved similar issue before.
update the OS, how?
I have the *ahem* version

Top Bottom