Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Guys i have a camcorder..

its a Samsung SCL-770 Hi8 camcorder..

the thing is that it has USB connectivity instead od firewire

and aboove all its ANALOG.. wierd!! ... USB connectivity in Analog :confused:

anyways i tried to connect it and installed the drivers bundled...

in Windows Movie Maker and other softwares of the like, it recognises the device as a CAMCORDER...

but when i start capturing it in medium quality.. 640x480 the video has all blips and pauses and its jerky...

also after capturing for around a minute the system restarts...

I dont know why because i know that my system is not overheating...

is that beacuse of my PCs low config?

"Intel Celeron D 2.26 Ghz
1 GB DDR 400"

but i dont think so beacuse the camera was made in 2000 and back then all we had was 800 mhz or so pentium 3s and my PROCESSOR is way better than those.....

is it because of USB connectivity?

i guess USB 2.0 bus isnt able to provide the bandwith required and firewire is needed??

what do you say guys?

help dudes i hav had so many tapes and now i wanna digitise them...
any ides?

OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
BUMP!!!.. no idea guys?...

i guess Mr VideoEditingIndia will be helpful but havnt seen him around....

common someone whould know why i cant capture satisfactorily from the USB device... :(

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Analog in USB! Nice, but don't try any other software now...So your Audio and Video are digitized in your cam itself!!!

Haven't you got any bundled software with this Cam? Have you tried that?

There is nothing to do with the computer restart unless you have any driver issues. (I hope your cam doesnt drop frames seriously!)

I hope its USB 1.1 Nothing wrong with USB 1.1 with Win XP. Its not the problem with your Camcorder and Computer Hardware, I hope. We have to check your drivers and capturing software first.

Have you installed any USB/Webcam Drivers for this cam, If yes remove them and let windows uses its own drivers. If you have the CD, Try the capturing software comes with the cam. If not, try CAPTUREFLUX software nad let me know.

If nothing solves, try in another PC and let me know the results.

OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
well windows does not have its drivers.. i have to provide them through CD :(
anyways i will try it tomorow with the bundled software and let you know.. :)

EDIT: My camera drops frames SERIOUSLY ... let me guess; at an average its about 1-2 FPS.. sometimes goes well for few seconds and then again is back with the problem... :(

Also the USB port only feeds video. Audio has to be given to the Line-In jack with a separate cable.

And in the camera a sticker is there which says "digital signal processor"

I see no other Use of USB port other than capturing which i'm afraid isnt possible at all this way :(

Heres some info on the camera
*www.epinions.com/Samsung_SCL_770_Hi8_Camcorder_Camcorders/display_~full_specs

Didnt find any info on Samsungs offcial website.. wierd!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom