Urgent Sugestions reqd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys, i need ur advices urgently plz.
my system is-
Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz,
in Intel 845G\GL Chipset with 64MB Integerated AGP,
256MB DDR Ram,
40GB Seagate @ 7200 rpm HDD,
48X Creative CD-Drive + 16X Benq DVD Drive (w/ 50x CD Read).

Since i845GL does not hv an Agp slot, i need to reconfigure it with a newer version. And now im dump in garbage of options. Tell me wat 2 do.

Where shud i go,
we have here,
Intel P4 HT with 2MB L2 Cache in a intel original board with 8x agp slot.

AMD Athlon 64 with asus board wit 8x agp.

for agp, looking for affordable in 64 or 128 mb. d best price i can get.

or any other opinion for me.
my cheapest option is to stay wit my cnfg but only upgrade to i865 board wit agp slot for just Rs. 700 by my friend and an agp card whichever prefered. will this be a gud option for me or shud i change my cpu.
or
shud i do nothing but wait for dual core processors n agp to slash thier prices, i mean is it worth waiting.

thanx for taking time. advices are most welcome and considered.
cheers

Delpiero

Journeyman
865 is outdated. Dual core processor will be expensive and will take time to come in the market. If you are a gamer then get amd 64 3200 processor with asus a8v mobo. As far as GPU is concerned you would'nt get good performance unless you spend some money. X600 pro is a good choice or else get x300 pro.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hey thanx for ur advice....ya im a gamer but concern is also other stuffs since im a computer engg. so others also include net surfing, software procesing, compiling, programming and just hanging around windows...
meanwhile i'll check for athlon 64 in market...is it cheaper than p4 2mb L2 cache....shud i prefer it

indro

In the zone
The athlon 64 3200+ should be around 9k( +- ) it will perform better than any other P4 >=3.2 ghz . Check all the hottest reviews , moreover you will get the 64 bit advantage , it will provide you future combatibility with windows XP 64 bit :)

Intel is all set to release their new 3.76 ghz EE (Exscream Edition or Expensive edition) :) on 20th of Feb 2005 ,which is currently the only desktop P4 with EMT64 technology . So .. It kinda makes sense to go for AMD's .

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@speedy: Is ur Intel p4 1.8 socket 423 or socket 478 cuz the 1.8 was available in both flavours. If its a 423 then u wont be able 2 use it with the 865.

If u are going for a new processor, and since ur a gamer dump the p4s cuz they are beaten 2 death by the amd64's.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
@ Speedyguy,since when did Intel start making P4 chips with 2 MB L2 cache?

ANyways,stick with A64,you will be much happier.

goobimama

 Macboy
Intel is all set to release their new 3.76 ghz EE (Exscream Edition or Expensive edition)

I think its more like Emergency Edition, trying to keep up the market after amd's 64 bits....

@Darklord: I think one of those intel processors have 2 MB L2 cache, the gamers thing or soemthin like that....

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg
Rollaword.com

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Sorry ,
the P4EE has 2 MB of L3 cache.It is a different issue that it hardly helps in boosting performance.
I havent checked the features of P4 EE 6 series yet.May be they have 2MB L2 cache,lets see.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Can't wait to see benchmarks of the series on the i925XE with the 1066MHz bus vs. FX-55 on the nForce4. I wonder how much performance would be boosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom