*Urgent* Problem in configuring dataone

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello all..

I have been using Dataone on my PC for more than a year now. I normally configure the dataone connection on my PC by using the following steps:

1. I go to "My Network Places" where my LAN & 1394 connection icons are shown in the "Network Connections".

2. I proceed by clicking on "Create a New Connection" in the menu on the left & proceed using the following steps in the wizard that pops-up....

Connect to the Internet>>Set up connection Manually>>Connect Using a broadband connection that requires a user name & password>>ISP NAme>>User name/Password>>Finish.

This generally sets-up dataone connection on my PC.
**I have NEVER used the procedure wherein I have to configure my modem by going to the link 192.168.1.1

Now MY problem is as follows:

1- *192.168.1.1 doesn't open anything on my PC. Why?

2- The procedure which I use on my PC to configure dataone, did NOT :( work on my friend's computer. The wizard failed to proceed beyond the point where I selected "Connect to the Internet"....The LAN Card is installed on his PC & I verified that by viewing his device manager The drivers have also been installed but the LAN connection isn't seen in his "Network Connections". Any reason as to why this is happening?

3- The procedure told in the dataone manual to cinfigure by going to *192.168.1.1 ALSO didn't work on my friend's PC. Any reason why that failed?

4- What can I now do to configure dataone on his PC?

Eagerly looking for replies...

-HK.

OP
H

h_kunte

Journeyman
xsreality said:
try resetting the modem by pressing the reset pin at the back of ur modem...that shud solve ur problem.

This answer is precisely for WHICH of the questions that I asked?

Anyways, I tried that out a long time...Didnt work...

g_suresh_mps

Proud Core i7 Owner
abhipal said:
What is the significance of *192.168.1.1? coz I also can not open the page.

This is a Site which is Use to Configure a ADSL 2+ Router it is used to Configure the Moden to match the ISP needs call ur ISP`s Broad Band Customer care they wuill clearly Explain u How to Configure ur MODEm (Router)

xsreality

Broken In
h_kunte said:
This answer is precisely for WHICH of the questions that I asked?

Anyways, I tried that out a long time...Didnt work...

that was 4 ur 2nd question..no need to configure modem...as dis problem had happened with me too...and resetting d modem solved it...bt the failure of wizard is surprising..double chk it plz..

lavan_joy

Journeyman
h_kunte said:
Hello all..

I have been using Dataone on my PC for more than a year now. I normally configure the dataone connection on my PC by using the following steps:

1. I go to "My Network Places" where my LAN & 1394 connection icons are shown in the "Network Connections".

2. I proceed by clicking on "Create a New Connection" in the menu on the left & proceed using the following steps in the wizard that pops-up....

Connect to the Internet>>Set up connection Manually>>Connect Using a broadband connection that requires a user name & password>>ISP NAme>>User name/Password>>Finish.

This generally sets-up dataone connection on my PC.
**I have NEVER used the procedure wherein I have to configure my modem by going to the link 192.168.1.1

Now MY problem is as follows:

1- *192.168.1.1 doesn't open anything on my PC. Why?

2- The procedure which I use on my PC to configure dataone, did NOT :( work on my friend's computer. The wizard failed to proceed beyond the point where I selected "Connect to the Internet"....The LAN Card is installed on his PC & I verified that by viewing his device manager The drivers have also been installed but the LAN connection isn't seen in his "Network Connections". Any reason as to why this is happening?

3- The procedure told in the dataone manual to cinfigure by going to *192.168.1.1 ALSO didn't work on my friend's PC. Any reason why that failed?

4- What can I now do to configure dataone on his PC?

Eagerly looking for replies...

-HK.

This may be a silly question...anyway answer this...
Had you enter proper IP address & default gateway in " TCP/IP" settings of your lan card?
You have to set them like the following:
IP address: 192.168.1.10
Subent mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

Pref DNS server : 218.248.255.14
Alt. DNS server :61.1.96.69

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Do this :

Start > Run > Cmd {Press Enter}
On the command prompt, type:
Ipconfig /all

Paste the output here.

192.168.1.1 is your router's IP address and *192.168.1.1/ is web interface to configure your router. In your case it seems the router has a different IP address ..

2- The procedure which I use on my PC to configure dataone, did NOT work on my friend's computer. The wizard failed to proceed beyond the point where I selected "Connect to the Internet"....The LAN Card is installed on his PC & I verified that by viewing his device manager The drivers have also been installed but the LAN connection isn't seen in his "Network Connections". Any reason as to why this is happening?

Do this :
Start > Run > Devmgmt.msc {Press Enter}
Under the Network Adaptors, see if the network connection is disabled ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom