URGENT!! Please suggest configurations for a gaming desktop.

raman061189

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I have decided to get my self a gaming desktop and sell my old desktop PC to get extra money in hand. My budget is under and around Rs 50k. I have searched the market and finalized some configuration, but am not sure that it is the best that I can get. Also, I have no idea on what Graphics Card I should go for. I am giving the details of the desktop that I presently own and am willing to sell and the configurations that I found appealing on surveying the market.

If any one has idea of which brands should I buy and what cost should I pay for them, please let me know.

Details of the desktop that I want to sell :-

--> It is a HP Pavillion a1320in Desktop HP Pavillion a1320in Desktop. I have added a 250GB Western Digital HDD to it and 2GB RAM to it. The Hard Disk has a bill date of May 2010 and has warranty period of 3yrs. Rest all config is same as given in this link.

Configurations that I got after surveying the market :-

--> Intel Core i7-950 (3.06Ghz) - 13,500
--> Samsung 20” LCD Monitor - 07,000
--> Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R - 10,000
--> Graphic Card - Please refer
--> 1TB HDD - WD - 02,500 (not sure, if I'll get at this rate)
--> 4GB DDR3 RAM - Transcend - 02,000 (Definitely not this cheap. Please suggest best rate)
--> Sony/Samsung DVD-RW - 01,000
--> Keyboard & Mouse - 00,500
--> Water-Cooled Cabinet - 04,500
--> UPS - Logitech - 02,000

The total as of now, goes up to Rs 42k at this configuration. Please suggest a good graphic card and best practical rates of 1TB HDD and 4GB DDR3 RAM.

PS :- I am from New Delhi, and am not willing to make online purchases. I can assemble the PC my self, if it is not possible to get the parts from a single place.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Water cooled cabinet!!!:C_surprised:..Are you gonna overclock the hell outta the processor or what??Where is the PSU?
Do you want the system for gaming or are you gonna run some specific softwares?I ask 'coz you are left with only 7k(or may be less) after you buy the listed components.I mean, why duncha invest on a good gaming card & PSU.Can you please tell your reasons to go for i7 950?

OP
R

raman061189

Well, I will be using 3D modelling softwares like MAYA and 3DS MAX. Also, my gaming needs are pretty important (my brother will kill me if I don't get a PC to smoothly support his Crysis Warhead, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Black Ops. I assume that all of these require a high end CPU (am not sure, though!!).

Please suggest the best configuration that I should go for. I don't mind spending another 4-5k, if the deal is worth it!!

PS :- I know I am a professional designer and somewhat good in the software section but I am almost a noob when it comes to hardware. So, please don't assume much and try to enlighten me the best you can.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : As for the reason of going for core i7-950, well, I thought of that because I was suggested into buying that by a vendor close to my house. As, I said, I have hardly any idea of the hardware part of the computer..

ssb1551

Technomancer
for 3D modeling you'll be benefited by more cores(AMD hexa cores).For gaming you can go for i5 760 & save 4k & invest the cash in a good card.Phenom II X4 965 is also good for gaming.That will be cheaper than i5 760.But since you want it for both 3D modeling & gaming I'm inclining towards 1055T.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T - 8.6k(You might get it cheaper in Delhi)
MSI 880GMA-E45 - 5.4k
Corsair 2×2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM - 2.6k
NZXT GAMMA - 2k
Benq G2220HD - 7.3k
Seagate 1TB - 2.9k
LG DVD Writer - 0.9k
Corsair VX550W - 4.5k(or Seasonic)
Sapphire 6870 - 14k
Keyboard & Mouse - .8k
Total should come upto 49k.

Oh CRAP!!I forgot about UPS!!Well you can go with yours.

Last edited:
OP
R

raman061189

Wow thanks.
The only thing I am worried about is that I haven't heard of half of the brands (Corsair, NZXT, Sapphire). Are they really that good? I dont mean to question your knowledge, but am a bit surprised at how long it has been since I researched the market for hardware...
Thanks again anyways!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Try the newly released sandybridge processors. Powerful than any amd hexcore in all applications particularly i7 2600k and i5 2500k. They are highly energy efficient and gives more peformance per watt.

Pair them with a p67 board and go for a discrete gpu. Fill in the pc questinnaire template so we can suggest you better.

OP
R

raman061189

Try the newly released sandybridge processors. Powerful than any amd hexcore in all applications particularly i7 2600k and i5 2500k. They are highly energy efficient and gives more peformance per watt.

Pair them with a p67 board and go for a discrete gpu. Fill in the pc questinnaire template so we can suggest you better.

What??!! I didn't know they were out in India.. Are they?? Do you know any place where I can get them?? Are they within the cost??

Top Bottom