[URGENT] New Config Givin headache!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well thats what you need with a Quad.
Atleast ask him to get a Powersafe 500W or Zebronics 500W.
Its better or rather safe to invest in a good PSU rather than risking the entire hardware inside the PC.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
+1 @darklord
ya,Zebronics Platinum 500W is a gud solution for budget people;Zebronics also helps in decent overclocking....

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I wouldnt expect any headroom for overclocking with the zebronics 500W PSU. It will barely work at stock without any problems, overclocking is out of question.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
darklord said:
What is the connection between PSU falling short and whatever you suggested ?

As for PSU recommendations -
1] Corsair VX450 - 4,000/-
2] Seventeam 500BKP - 3,500/-
3] Cooler Master Xtreme Power 600W - 3,600/- [This PSU is made by Seventeam and is actually a 500W one.]

I would pick the corsair with my eyes closed.

i got q6600,p5n e sli,kingston 4*1gb ddr2 800,8600gts,wd 250,160,300gb sata II drives and when i got this i used with the cheap psu.i had the same problem which he told.xp hanged and vista didnt move at completing installation..so i tried installing it with those settings and everything worked.thats the connection.if psu is underpowered there's no way to boot or get away with installation of xp too.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
there is no hard and fast rule that if PSU falls short, the PC shouldnt boot or XP installation cannot complete.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
are guys but it aint workin. wat to do now.my cousine is really really in miserable condition. but the psu is of 400 watts. n that cabby was of 2.5k with that came the psu!

EDIT: NOW I DID A MEMEORY DIAGNOSTIC of the system usin vista! it showed that HARWARE PROBLEMS WERE DETECTED!! it mean there is problem n RAM too. Now my cousin is tell that he had dropped one of the ram n harddisk(harddisk fell upon the ram)

EDIT: i did memory diagnosis of both the ram modules seperatly but then it didnt show any error :confused:

EDIT: the bois version is also very old (ver 401 of jan/12/2007 ) n on site it metioned that bios supportin Q6600 has version 607(or somethin). so shal i dwnld latest bios ver 801 n flash my bios???
but i wonder if my cousine will alow or not. he dont hav any idea abt computers n still he dont trust me(I CAN CLAIM THAT I HAV NOT TOO BAD InFO ABT COMP)

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
fun2sh said:
are guys but it aint workin. wat to do now.my cousine is really really in miserable condition. but the psu is of 400 watts. n that cabby was of 2.5k with that came the psu!

EDIT: NOW I DID A MEMEORY DIAGNOSTIC of the system usin vista! it showed that HARWARE PROBLEMS WERE DETECTED!! it mean there is problem n RAM too. Now my cousin is tell that he had dropped one of the ram n harddisk(harddisk fell upon the ram)

EDIT: i did memory diagnosis of both the ram modules seperatly but then it didnt show any error :confused:

EDIT: the bois version is also very old (ver 401 of jan/12/2007 ) n on site it metioned that bios supportin Q6600 has version 607(or somethin). so shal i dwnld latest bios ver 801 n flash my bios???
but i wonder if my cousine will alow or not. he dont hav any idea abt computers n still he dont trust me(I CAN CLAIM THAT I HAV NOT TOO BAD InFO ABT COMP)
Read my very first post, i had asked about BIOS version. If its old, it has to be flashed to newer one.Its not a novelty or an optional thing, it has to be done.Explain that to your cousin.
Hard Disk fell on the RAM ? What was your cousin thinking ?:confused: Ask him to be more careful with hardware henceforth.

So,
Update the BIOS first, It will make a difference.
Then check the Memory for errors with Memtest.
Ask your cousin to get the PSU replaced from the dealer, get a better PSU by paying a difference.
This should make his system work perfectly.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
darklord said:
As for PSU recommendations -
1] Corsair VX450 - 4,000/-
2] Seventeam 500BKP - 3,500/-
3] Cooler Master Xtreme Power 600W - 3,600/- [This PSU is made by Seventeam and is actually a 500W one.]

I would pick the corsair with my eyes closed.

Cooler Master 600W is actually 500W? So would the Cooler Master 500W I intend to purchase, suit my QuadCore, MSI 8800 GT based system or not? Do I need more power?

Status
Not open for further replies.