[URGENT] New Config Givin headache!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Hi! Yesterday my Cousine bought A NEW HIGH TECH CONFIG!! But now its givin a hell lot of HEADACHE!!:mad: :mad:

here is the config first
1. Cpu--> Q6600 @2.4gigs
2. 2gb DDR2 Ram, 800 Fsb (Transcend)
3. Xfx 8500GT 512 DDR2 MB ram (Hey tel if this thingh is good or not for game)
4. Asus P5N-E SLI mobo(based on nVIDIA 650i SLI chipset).
5. Seagate 320GB HDD (16mb cache)--connected at sata 1 port
6. Lite-on Muti-recorder DVD drive(SATA 20x drive).--- connected to sata 3RD port
7. Samsung Floppy Drive *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif
8. Microsoft combo keyboard n mouse
my cousine bought it yesterday but i was not with at the time of assembling.

Now the problems r as follows:-
1. When i installed XP then just after 5 mins of its startin it hanged(but it may be that durin installation i made 7 partition but i didnt format all there, so i was foramttin 5 disk together)
2. XP kept hangin for other 3-4 times in next 2hrs.
3. i tried installin Realtek audio drivers 3-4 times but it was failure n no sound was comin.though audio codecs, legacy drivers(or something like that..) were installed but XP didnt find any Audio drive.

4 Then i thought installin the OEM built VISTA HOME PREMIUM (of my freind provided BY DELL) which has 30 days validity. now even for startin the installation it was takin HELL LOT OF TIME. wen the "WINDOWS LOADIN DRIVER" completes n it shows an aurora wally then from there it takes 10 mins to show the installation screens. Then after the startin the installation it HANGS FOR ETERNITY AT "COMPLETIN INSTALLATION" process.

now we both r really screwed up. the total cost of the config was 32k. plz suggest wat can be the problem.:sad: :sad:

Last edited:
OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

pathiks said:
U shd hav taken a 8600gt 256mb rather.
yeah if i wud had been there then i wud hav suggested him 8600gt only but previously he had told me that he dont want to invest much in GFX so i had told him to get a simple GFX card like 8400GT but at shop i dont know those shopkeeper wud hav told him something n he bought(he dont hav much ideas abt these things!!). n yeah wats the price of 8600Gt 256mb???

but can any1 tel wat can be the reasons for the problems.currently i m complete formattin the HDD n its completed til 50% only

darklord said:
Care to mention what PSU you are using ?
Also what BIOS version is your board having currently ?
dont know abt psu??? he bought iBALL cabby n SMPS was provided with that. i hav not seen it n i hav oppend the cabby. we wil go at the shop on sat (after my exams on sat). n can any1 tel how to fool the shopkeeper n replace that 8500gt with 8600gt. i m thinkin of tellin that its not suppported with this mobo. (but i dont know that those shopKeeper r dumb or Techy??)

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I am sure its the PSU in this case.How can you use that crappy PSU bundled with the case for a Quad ?
You need atleast Powersafe 500W bare minimum.Ideally a Coolermaster Xtremepower 600W or so.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

but i dont thinks its psu!!! i think its ram problem or some jumper settins of mobo. why u tellin its PSU

darklord

Cyborg Agent
^^ Are you even aware what is the power draw of the Quad ?
All the PSUs bundled with the cases are labeled with 400W + stickers etc... which is BS,its impossible.
Quad Cores NEED decent,good Power supplies, the cheap ones just cant handle Quad.
For example,
The other day,
i saw 450W PSU for ~ 500Rs. and it had 18A on the +12V Rail and another 500W PSU with dual 12V Rails with each Rail of 16 or 18A costing around 1500-2000 Rs.
Now my Seventeam 600W PSU with Dual 12V Rails of ~ 18A each cost me ~ 7,000 Rs. why ?

Think about it.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

wel if there has been a psu problem then the system wud not had started only. i worked in xp for 1hr!!

ding

Last edited:

sashijoseph

In the zone
Wrong!The system will start ,but typically the very symptoms you've mentioned(except the sound detection),will surface.So return that crap psu and get a decent one as mentioned above.
On a side note why stick with the 650i considering you can get the Abit P35 board at almost the same price(if you don't intend to OC).No point persisting with the XFX and ASUS 650i's atleast with a quad cause they don't OC too well with quads(that's what I heard).

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Who says that if the PSU is falling short, the system shouldnt work ? It will work but the symptoms that you have mentioned,hint at lack of power is evident.I told you the obvious things from my experience, whether to listen or not is entirely your call.

Cheers !

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
a 500W local SMPS costing Rs600 can only give 300W of real power:shock::shock:

and what darklord is saying is exactly true
and FYI darky cannot be even defined as a GURU, he is a legend in hardware field........

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
vivekbabbudelhi said:
and what darklord is saying is exactly true
and FYI darky cannot be even defined as a GURU, he is a legend in hardware field........

One look at his avatar... and his reputation precedes him!

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Hehe....thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it.
Legend....well thats a bit too far fetched ;)
I am just an enthusiast just like all you guys here. :)

Coming back to the topic, ! Vivek, 500W delivering 300W still seems overrated to me.lol
Sometimes i wonder whether these crappy PSUs even deliver 250W power.

K

kewlguy

a C2Q draws a lot of pwr more so if oc'd.as of now my primary pc is consum ing more than 450W of pwr(as detected by APC PowerChute software).so to run a Quad oc'd or not u need a good psu.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

OK thanks a lot guys!! so if its PSU problem then can u suggest wat POWER ratin PSU should hav for that config???

I think you need to get an 8800GT and a new power supply. the power cable may also be damaged. if so, you are lucky like me. I had to spend only RS 75/-
I suggest a cooling master solution for power and XFX for 8800GT

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

MetalheadGautham said:
I think you need to get an 8800GT and a new power supply. the power cable may also be damaged. if so, you are lucky like me. I had to spend only RS 75/-
I suggest a cooling master solution for power and XFX for 8800GT
yeah i told my cousine to try gettin that 8600GT. he has gone to the shop for gettin CPU checked.

btwn ur sigy SMELLSS! yuck!!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/31.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/31.gif

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
hey the solution----

go to bios---advanced settings---pcipnp---and change the settings to this--
Plug and play OS=No
Primary Display=PCI-E

save and install vista\xp again by formatting the older one.

at home i have the same board and i also got that problem.but i used default cheap psu only for 5days coz my 3rd hdd didnt work.although this should solve ur problem i m sure.

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
nish_higher said:
hey the solution----

go to bios---advanced settings---pcipnp---and change the settings to this--
Plug and play OS=No
Primary Display=PCI-E

save and install vista\xp again by formatting the older one.

at home i have the same board and i also got that problem.but i used default cheap psu only for 5days coz my 3rd hdd didnt work.although this should solve ur problem i m sure.

What is the connection between PSU falling short and whatever you suggested ?

As for PSU recommendations -
1] Corsair VX450 - 4,000/-
2] Seventeam 500BKP - 3,500/-
3] Cooler Master Xtreme Power 600W - 3,600/- [This PSU is made by Seventeam and is actually a 500W one.]

I would pick the corsair with my eyes closed.

OP
fun2sh

fun2sh

BAAAAP RE!!!!!! he cant afford that costly PSU!!

any how he had bought iBALL cabby n PSU provided with it has power ratin of 400WATTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom