Urgent: My system has Critical Error; Not able to boot in Ubuntu/Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Few days back vista refused to boot and Ubuntu was behaving abnormally ( slow speed, hanging). Today the same thing happened & I restarted my system. To my surprise i am not able to boot even into Ubuntu. I get message " Error 18 : selected cylinder exceeds maximum supported by BIOS" for every item in the grub menu. I have reinstalled GRUB from Ubuntu live CD but still the same situation. Can i recover my system? I have some downloads pending in Azureus and Deluge. In case of reinstall can I resume download from same point ??

Please Help :x

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah in deluge just load the torrent file and point to the location where ur data is, then force check on the downloading torrent.

Btw try resetting bios

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Have you run a check on your RAM and hard disk, especially the latter. Also, check if the connectors to it are fine too.

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
^^ I am able access all the partitions through live cd.
Can i resume Azureus downloads after reinstall ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah, but u do need the torrent file

just force check when you re download, it will pick up from the point where it stopped

Itni der lag gayi restart karne mein :D

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
It is definitely hdd errors, I got this many times until my hdd finally gave in. Remove and reconnect all hdd connectors and check for a failing drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom