Urgent: MSI VS Zotac GTX 580

lost.thunder

Broken In
I have a choice between these two cards, ie MSI and Zotac GTX 580.

MSI is offering a 3 year warranty compared to 3+2 year warranty offered by Zotac (upon registration within 14 days).

I wanted to know the general feedback of these 2 brands and their rma service post purchase from the tdf members. Rma region will be New Delhi.

I need to make the decision asap. Kindly help me to arrive at a conclusion.

thanks

P.s. Here is a link to my config for reference if required *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1308245-post20.html

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Thanks for the replies, but i'd really appreciate if there were reasons to go with advise as to which brand i should opt for. I need something more elaborate than that to make a concrete decision about this matter.

S_V

In the zone
@lost.thunder

You said urgent right?

Here's my view..

Since both are good companies and were present from very long years.. Although Zotac is new to Video cards but were very famous in making mobo boards especially iATX.. For msi we don't have to tell ,they are good in making quality products it's just it's not Enthusiastic brand for majority....

So consider the card whichever you feel it's good and whichever you choose,that card life also depends on your luck as well as your maintenance of hardware components... Consider which service center have good reputation in your region and go for that product..

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
i think Quality wise MSI is better than Zotac...also cooling is better in MSI

As far as cooling is concerned (correct me if i am wrong), both the companies are using reference designs given by Nvidia, so i duno if cooling quality would differ.

@lost.thunder

You said urgent right?

Here's my view..

Since both are good companies and were present from very long years.. Although Zotac is new to Video cards but were very famous in making mobo boards especially iATX.. For msi we don't have to tell ,they are good in making quality products it's just it's not Enthusiastic brand for majority....

So consider the card whichever you feel it's good and whichever you choose,that card life also depends on your luck as well as your maintenance of hardware components... Consider which service center have good reputation in your region and go for that product..

Yes it is urgent, I have to confirm it by tomorrow afternoon. I searched somewhat and it appears that zotac is a good brand as well. It all comes down to its service center quality.

I found that Aditya Infotech, Nehru Place, handles their service center for the graphic cardd division. Any views/experience towards this? If their quality is good, i might as well go for zotac cz of its 5 year warranty than msi's 3.

Top Bottom