Urgent : Motherboard issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys today my dsktop stopped working..

i checked.. the video doesnt show but my motherboard green light is present on the board.

my mother board is Intel 915 GAV

the processor fan starts spinning for a sec and stops there after when i try to boot...

wht is the problem please help ...

i tried to disconnect all other periherals and the problem is from the frst itself there is no onboard sound .. so now i cant find which one is faulty... i tried removing ram and running still the same issue

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
it was working yesterday .. my brother hit cpu once .. and everything stopped..

moreover he did something and the proceesor fan started to spin normally again but no display..

i dont know whether its psu or some conenctor..

please help me guys...

paroh

Padawan
The problem that u describe can be simply of PSU . Both on my side this type of problem is of motherboard as my board get replaced 3 times because of this problem

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Exactly the same symptoms can happen when the RAM is not in proper contact at the slot (I'm sure about this from past experiences with many computers), but it's not the only possibility.

Next suspect is, as others have said, the PSU and its connectors. Pull out all connectors and reinsert them firmly. The next logical step is to try another PSU.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys the fan is now spinning..

i disconnected everything and reconnected again and now the proccy fan is fine ... but no display now ...

i tried both onboard video and my GFX card .... nothing...

please help guys

cooldip10

In the zone
dude.. remove the gfx card first and all other PCI cards that may be present on your system. Keep the essentials like HD, CD Drive. Try to run. If that also doesn't work. Say one thing are the power switch and reset switch connectors properly connected? 'cause i had the same problem.
Get a new PSU.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i bought a new one today and tried .... but the thing is again the same problem.

it boots .. the video blinks .. no text display though and then after few more seconds lateer the CPU fan stops ...

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom