Urgent !!! imac 27 inch or normal rig ???

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Thanx All of U Guys !!

Finally got my head straight !!!

I`m building a desktop for my self ...
iMac is not my piece of cake (for the time being) ...

Heres wat I decided ...

Intel i5 760
Msi P55GD65 or Asus P7P55D (Plz help me choose)
HD6870 (Once it is available at Lamington Road. Plz lemme know if it already is)
Corsair HX650
Gskill 2x2gb (plz suggest what speed(Mhz) should I go for ??)
Seagate 500gb
CM 430 elite

Plz gimme ur suggestions ...

Thanx again guys for helping me save my 50k ...
Cheers ....

And HAPPY DIWALI !!!
Njoy !!!

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Congrats for doing the right thing...

Both of the mobo are good and are similar in features so choose whichever is available and costs less...

As for the RAM go with 1600 MHz...

And Happy diwali to u too...

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
No idea about that..u can search google if u want..if msi service center exists in mumbai it will be there on google..

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Thanx All of U Guys !!

Heres wat I decided ...

Intel i5 760
HD6870 (Once it is available at Lamington Road. Plz lemme know if it already is)
Corsair HX650
Seagate 500gb
CM 430 elite

Cheers ....

And HAPPY DIWALI !!!
Njoy !!!

Why are you going for a 14 grand graphic card if you are not going to game.:???:

Do you want a monitor/speaker/KB Mouse etc?
Your uses in the OP say - Full on downloading and Programming. If you want to leave a PC on for whole day then I recommend getting two builds. One main programming movies etc and one for downloading. What say? :cool:

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Why are you going for a 14 grand graphic card if you are not going to game.:???:

Do you want a monitor/speaker/KB Mouse etc?
Your uses in the OP say - Full on downloading and Programming. If you want to leave a PC on for whole day then I recommend getting two builds. One main programming movies etc and one for downloading. What say? :cool:

Yeah Rite !!!
Money doesn`t grow on trees buddy !!!

Also I have 50k .. Why not buy a gud gaming card than building two rigs ???

Arey plz neone going to lamington road plz enquire bout hd6870 price and availability ...

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I agree, when 50k is the budget a decent mid range graphics card is mandatory.
Many sites confirmed that hd 6870 is priced reasonably at 12k(but can we believe them???). So this is not kind of help you expected :( :-(
And as you say, you are into movies dont you think 500GB is little less for that!!!???

And at last HAPPY DIWALI... May god bless you with a PC in coming week... ;-)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Do you really have to SPEND the 50K? If you don't game then the above mentioned graphics card is a PURE WASTE of money plus your rig is an overkill.
For downloading/programming, even a 20-30K rig will suffice. And that too for many years to come.
And You can always set aside your money for future upgrades.
Also there is Mac Mini which comes within 50K, however performance is a concern there as compared to any standard rig assembled between 25-50K. However it wins in terms of portability, OS, form factor, and power consumption.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Yeah Rite !!!
Money doesn`t grow on trees buddy !!!

Arey plz neone going to lamington road plz enquire bout hd6870 price and availability ...
Two PCs Downloading and programming will be cheaper than that rig. The main PC can still have a "GOOD" card. Even a HD5670 is more than enough for you. Also a always on downloading will give you huge elec bills if you use that beefy PC for that.

I agree, when 50k is the budget a decent mid range graphics card is mandatory.
Many sites confirmed that hd 6870 is priced reasonably at 12k(but can we believe them???). So this is not kind of help you expected :( :-(
And as you say, you are into movies dont you think 500GB is little less for that!!!???

And at last HAPPY DIWALI... May god bless you with a PC in coming week... ;-)

HD 6870 will be available for around 14.8K. Not 12K. Also HD 6870 is not a decent mid-range card. Its a middle-high end card.

Sorry for my substandard advice, but I'll just say that it doesn't take me more than 2mins to throw together a 50Krig. I was just saving him some money.

pegasus

Journeyman
Thanx All of U Guys !!

Heres wat I decided ...

Intel i5 760
Corsair HX650
Seagate 500gb
CM 430 elite

Cheers ....

And HAPPY DIWALI !!!
Njoy !!!
Thanks and hope you had a great Diwali too. :)
You may know this already and it may seem silly but please do note that ASUS P7P55D and ASUS P7P55D-E are two different models.
Here is a list of motherboards with ASUS Dual Intelligent Processors that offer good overclocking with less power consumption-
ASUS Motherboard with Dual Intelligent Processors - TPU & EPU

Top Bottom