Urgent Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
Dear All,

From last two days .. i am going thru a strange problem. let me tell you the earlier incident of that.

I had a PC with P4 HT on D865 intel mobo, which was got damaged. My bro replaced the same with 845 mobo which was working fine with XP (with sp), but a lot a apps are not getting installed due to SP2 is not installed. and my old rig was just jumping on the gun.

when i came to my home, i come to know the whole story... its quite irritating for me to get out of it while i have spend two nights on it.

every thing goes fine untill boot up after installing SP1 and SP2 manually.... but when its come to XP boot up menu .. its got hanged. i have tried 3 times with several XP os, but end result is same. after that i have installe XP with SP2, but after final installation, gets hanged.

Again, after intalling win 2000, stucked at start up menu after installing Sp4, i have tried Win XP, 2000, 2003 and XP media center too.... no response.....get hanged up while booting either startup screen.

I have also tried with replacing RAM, removing Graphix card but same problem....

I am not able to figure it up.... p help.

Doomsday

Broken In
Dear All,

From last two days .. i am going thru a strange problem. let me tell you the earlier incident of that.

I had a PC with P4 HT on D865 intel mobo, which was got damaged. My bro replaced the same with 845 mobo which was working fine with XP (with sp), but a lot a apps are not getting installed due to SP2 is not installed. and my old rig was just jumping on the gun.

when i came to my home, i come to know the whole story... its quite irritating for me to get out of it while i have spend two nights on it.

every thing goes fine untill boot up after installing SP1 and SP2 manually.... but when its come to XP boot up menu .. its got hanged. i have tried 3 times with several XP os, but end result is same. after that i have installe XP with SP2, but after final installation, gets hanged.

Again, after intalling win 2000, stucked at start up menu after installing Sp4, i have tried Win XP, 2000, 2003 and XP media center too.... no response.....get hanged up while booting either startup screen.

I have also tried with replacing RAM, removing Graphix card but same problem....

I am not able to figure it up.... p help.

(1) Are you sure there is no hardware problem, for eg, with the PSU or the HDD? Looks like a H/W problem to me. probably your HDD has some bad sectors. Run a diagnostic tool from the HDD manufacturer and check. Otherwise swap a different HDD into the system and try installing on it.

(2) Are you using a legal version of XP? If yes, then try installing in the following order:

First, have all the latest drivers for your hardware burned on a CD and ready to use.

-Attach only the most essential h/w ie. mobo + CPU + HDD + optical drive + video card. Leave other PCI cards out for the moment.
-Format the HDD
-Install XP.
-Install Service Pack 3. You don't need to install the SPs one after the other, just the latest one will do since the latest one contains all the bug fixes and updates from the older SPs too.
-Install the mobo drivers (incl LAN, USB, IEEE1394 etc if applicable)
-Install the latest version of DirectX
-Install the drivers for the video card.
-Install and configure your anti-virus solution.
-Connect to the net and update XP.

The above procedure always works for me during the times I clean install a Windows OS.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
Thanks buddy.......

1. sure about it, as my all three HDD are in well state, they are working properly (as tested with diff PCs and most imp, linux is getting installed.

2. yup, its a legal version.

its SP2 integrated ... so i have got my old XP where you need to install SPs 1 by 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom