Urgent Help Required on Gaming Rig Config & Assembly

crownabhi

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:COD Black Ops 1&II, FarCry 3, MOH Warfighter, MW3, Crysis 2&3, FEAR 3, Ghost Recon FS, NFSMW 2012

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.

Ans: 60K - Can Extend 8-10K If it creates a positive difference in Game Play. BUDGET FOR RIG ONLY, EXTRAS I WILL BUY SEPERATE

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: Well I am Confused on this one. If it helps to a great extent then yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 7 64Bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?

Ans: 1 TB - !! Does an SSD Help in anyway apart from being expensive !!

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: Yes 21" HD Please Suggest a Few Options - ## IT SHOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE ABOVE BUDGET - I WILL BUY IT SEPARATELY 3##

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: 20th to 25th December, 2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: I would need an Assembler. It would be of great help if someone provided a few contacts in Kolkata.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Locally & Online - Suggestions are welcomed.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: I Want to have a Pro Cooling System. Also Do Suggest weather an i7 helps in better gaming or an i5 is more than enough. Also Please Suggest a Good Keyboard, Gaming Mouse And Speakers. Since I plan to use this RIG for GAMING ONLY.

Thanks A Ton in Advance.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel Based

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 14.2K
GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H @ 10.5K
G-SKill RipjawX 1600 MHz CL9 4GBX2 DDR3 @ 3K
WD Caviar Green SATA III 64MB Cache @ 4.2K
Corsair GS600 PSU @ 4.6K
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC With Boost @ 21.5K
Corsair Carbide 400R Cabinet @ 4.8K
APC 1.1KVA UPS @ 4.7K
Logitech Gaming Mouse G400 @ 1.5K
Logitech Keyboard @ 0.4K

Total: 69K

AMD Based

AMD FX 8350 (8 Core, 4GHz, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3) @ 12.5K
MSI 990FX-GD65 @ 9.03K (Flipkart)
Corsair Vengeance 2100 MHz CL10 DDR3 4GB X 2 @ 4.16K (Vedant, Kolkata)
WD Caviar Green SATA III 64MB Cache @ 4.2K
Corsair GS600 PSU @ 4.6K
Sapphire HD 7970 Dual Fan @ 28.3K (Vedant, Kolkata)
Corsair Carbide 400R Cabinet @ 4.8K
APC 1.1KVA UPS @ 4.7K
Logitech Gaming Mouse G400 @ 1.5K
Logitech Keyboard @ 0.4K

Total: 74K

OP
C

crownabhi

Hello TD Gurus,

If i replace the GSkill RipjawX 1600 Mhz with the CrossVengence 2100 Mhz on the Intel Based Config, Will it help.
Also Any Cooling System I can fix, Since i play for long straight hours.

I want the System to be as future proof as possible. So i can extend the budget if it assures FPing.
And if someone can forward a contact in Kolkata who can set the rig up will be awesome.

Thanks Again

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If i replace the GSkill RipjawX 1600 Mhz with the CrossVengence 2100 Mhz on the Intel Based Config, Will it help.
Also Any Cooling System I can fix, Since i play for long straight hours.

You can't 'feel' the speed difference, but theoretically your PC will run a bit faster and you can view the results only by benchmarking.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want a real future proof PC then I think you can go with the AMD based config. On that config I was able to squeeze a HD 7970 which can be considered themost powerful single GPU, sharing its place with GTX 680. So a FX-8350+7970 will perform better than a i5 3570K+HD 7950.
If you are going for the AMD based config, then only opt for the 2100 MHz Ram. AMD FX processors response better with higher speed Rams. In case of Intel processor, the improvement is not that much.

OP
C

crownabhi

Thanks a Ton Cilus & D6. Your Suggestions have helped me out of a great deal of confusion.
Would request you to kindly let me know on the Cooling System Part which i mentioned before. Since I Play for quite a few straight hours.

And If you guys can help me with any contact info of someone who can Assemble the Rig for me for a service charge. I will highly appreciate it.

Thanks Again

R

Ranger

I would highly suggest an after market cooler for above configs. The configs look OC Oriented and hence the suggestion. :-D

Top Bottom