URGENT HELP PLS..CPU is restarting continuosly????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
FSP SAGA II 500W
It will cost you 2.2k
Corsair vx430v2 will cost you around 2.5k
Both have efficiency greater than 80%
both have almost same features.
but corsair is still costly.
I will recommend FSP saga ii 500W

Thanks, heard a lot about these two, but my question is which one will be value for money to power my 9800 gt 1Gb???
And then again I heard from someone that Saga doesn't have replacement warranty...whereas corsair has.....

Btw is it Corsair cx430v2 or vx430v2?? How is vx 450?? Is it worth investing in that as of now or should I stick to 430 version...

I've no plans to upgrade.........

State your Budget for PSU
2.2k - FSP SAGA II 500W
2.35k - Corsair cx430 V2
2.6k - Seasonic S12II 430 430W
3k- Tagan Stonerock 500W
3.4k - SeaSonic S12II 520
3.65k - Corsair 600CXV2
4k - Corsair GS600

wow thanks for the prices, it's always nice to have options....:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks, heard a lot about these two, but my question is which one will be value for money to power my 9800 gt 1Gb???
And then again I heard from someone that Saga doesn't have replacement warranty...whereas corsair has.....

Btw is it Corsair cx430v2 or vx430v2?? How is vx 450?? Is it worth investing in that as of now or should I stick to 430 version...

VX450 was a PSU from corsair but now it's EOLed - priced around ~3.5k.

getting corsair CX430v2 makes more sense just by paying 100-200 bucks more for 3 years of warranty or you can opt for CX500v2 @ 2.9k ;-)

Yugal Hinduja

Broken In
The nvidia Website says for 9800GT the minimum system power requirement is 400w
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT: supercharge your graphics horsepower with this GPU at the perfect price and performance combination.
In specifications it is mentioned.
So FSP SAGA II 500W is more than sufficient, as we know it's efficiency is greater than 80%.
Also corsair cx430v2 can be used, but why to spend Rs 300 more if both the products are almost similar and both are sufficient for our application.
So FSP SAGA II 500 can be purchased instead of corsair.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Corsair offers 1 year extra warranty for that 200 bucks - so it's worth spending the extra money ;-)

Yugal Hinduja

Broken In
usually in smps the power outuput is not equal to that mentioned.
But FSP, corsair they produce high quality products.
they have efficiency greater than 80%, means you will get more than 80% of 500W.
And that's good. So better pick up FSP SAGA II 500W (my choice)
If you go for one extra year warranty (corsair gives 3 year warranty, FSP gives 2 year)
choose corsair.
Also they say corsair has underrated its smps, its max power is upto 490W (430W mentioned + 60W )
I read this in forum.

guru_urug

iGoogle
@Yugal A good quality 80 rated 500W will be capable of producing 500W no matter what. 80 efficiency doesnt mean 80% of the rated power(here 500W) It means how efficient the power supply is at converting the drawn power from the wall socket to stable power to the system. Suppose the System requires 450W and the efficiency of the PSU at that load and temperature is 82% then it means that it is actually drawing 548.78W from the wall socket, thats why a good PSU helps to save on power bills as it consumes lesser power from wall socket.

@OP its upto you, both the saga II and corsair cx430v2 are good PSUs. and yes the saga II is a true 500W but the corsair one is also capable of providing well above 430W. Corsair has more warranty and better build quality. The FSP does probably give you a little more headroom with power, but its not a lot more. I wouldnt run anything above a HD 6850 on both of the PSUs. NOTE: The cables of the FSP PSU are short...if you have a bottom mounted PSU get the corsair one.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hey guys, is the packing of corsaircx430 v2 is same as it is shown on websites....I mean the grey color box?
Cuz I went to get the corsair's cx430v2 today, and nowhere I found the product. They were showing the older version I guess..where it was mentioned cx430uk .....
Should I consider that or opt for something else... BTW FSP SagaII 500 was unable too.....
Please help me out of this situation...

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hey guys, is the packing of corsaircx430 v2 is same as it is shown on websites....I mean the grey color box?
Cuz I went to get the corsair's cx430v2 today, and nowhere I found the product. They were showing the older version I guess..where it was mentioned cx430uk .....
Should I consider that or opt for something else... BTW FSP SagaII 500 was unable too.....
Please help me out of this situation...
You're in which city? Try visiting better shops.. :p :)

aloodum

Journeyman
VX450 was a PSU from corsair but now it's EOLed - priced around ~3.5k.

getting corsair CX430v2 makes more sense just by paying 100-200 bucks more for 3 years of warranty or you can opt for CX500v2 @ 2.9k ;-)

Please...CX series is basically a very budget smps...Its rated for lower temps and there is a quite some o/p ripples/fluctations as temos increase.

I`d say pay a lil more and go for the GS 600...Though not truely in the same league as the VX550, but still a very viable solution over the CX....
its used to retail for 3.8 to 4k about 6-8months back...

aloodum

Journeyman
^^ Pravass..A good investment ina good smps never harms anybody...
Stick with the corsair..the VX450 was the seetest of em all..but since EOLED..and the VX550 quite pricey, i`d suggest a GS600...

Though it may seem like an overkill, that extra muscle aint gonna harm in the long term...for tomorrow you may want a bigger badder HW setup..why buy a smps with borderline sufficiency...>Also Corsairs have very good resale value

The build quality is just awesome and backed by a no questions asked RMA service thats prompt and very helpful.

Stay away from CM extreme series(they still around?)..anthing but extreme...

Tagan is good but there is still some confusion over warranty..some sell with 2years, some with 1 year...

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
^^ Pravass..A good investment ina good smps never harms anybody...
Stick with the corsair..the VX450 was the seetest of em all..but since EOLED..and the VX550 quite pricey, i`d suggest a GS600...

Though it may seem like an overkill, that extra muscle aint gonna harm in the long term...for tomorrow you may want a bigger badder HW setup..why buy a smps with borderline sufficiency...>Also Corsairs have very good resale value

The build quality is just awesome and backed by a no questions asked RMA service thats prompt and very helpful.

Stay away from CM extreme series(they still around?)..anthing but extreme...

Tagan is good but there is still some confusion over warranty..some sell with 2years, some with 1 year...

What you said is truth, but I've no plans for upgrading atleast now.... So looking for SMPS's around 2300, please help me out in that range..

Yugal Hinduja

Broken In
can you purchase online?
Here are the links
FSP Saga II 500W Power Supply - TheITWares

CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Thanks Everybody...Managed to get the Corsair CX430 V2...:D...Let's hope it help me on a long run :D

@ Everyone...I guess after replacing the SMPS my PC is heating more than usual...what could be the cause??:cry:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do you have bottom mounted PSU type cabinet or top? the fan should pull in air & throws it out through the grill. maybe your system don't have enough intake fans or side grills are covered.

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
^^ Thanks Solved......

Actually I interchanged the HDD SATA wire with the DVD ROM's (cuz for some reason my HDD was heating up too high) and adjusted the fan...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom