Urgent help needed PSP-2003 bricked.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Yesterday night, me & my friend was trying to install custom firmware on his PSP-2003, just when the firmware was being installed, the damn loose battery compartment gave away and battery fell down in the middle of upgrade. Since then PSP refuses to boot, the power LED stays on for sometime, screen stays off and after sometime even the power LED switches off.
On searching various PSP forums, it seems that this particular model won't work with Pandora Battery too, Right now we are stuck with a bricked PSP & need some urgent help. Any idea how to get it back to working stage.

I tried contacting Sony Service, they asked for bill, but this PSP was gifted to him by a friend in UK, so we don't have any bill as such, I tried to explain the situation to CC exec, they are saying no firmware changes are done in service centers, if its under warranty then they replace it with a new one or if we show bill proof for out of warranty products then they are ready to replace it with a new one for 50% price.

Going service center way is our last option now, since Bangalore is just a 4hr drive from our town, if someone can guide us to some PSP service guys in Bangalore, we can go to them directly & if something can be done with it at home itself then we are more than happy.

Help!!!!!!!

vulpine

Broken In
hi harsha,
hw r u? it's been really long......
sad to hear abt the incident..... I hope you have posted this in a much wider platform may be a psp related forum.... that would help... Here you dont find many psp users
And you better don't tell them about custom firmware.... Just tell them that psp is not booting up....

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
hi harsha,
hw r u? it's been really long......
sad to hear abt the incident..... I hope you have posted this in a much wider platform may be a psp related forum.... that would help... Here you dont find many psp users
And you better don't tell them about custom firmware.... Just tell them that psp is not booting up....
Hi dude, yeah been a long time :)
Posted in some PSP forums, looks like I need a Pandora Battery now, which seems to be out of stock with many online sellers, hunting for it in Hyd & Bangalore now. Until then the psp is useless. :(

what method were you trying? chickHEN or 6.20 patapon exploit using hbl.
Not sure man, I was just trying to install a custom firmware without Pandora Battery, by following this guide.

Is This PSP Hackable?! Allow me to Answer That!! - PSP Slim Hacks - PSP Forums

My friend had a Daxter UMD in his PSP, so we thought it was the Special Edition Daxter Pack PSP, but it looks like the guy who bought this PSP, also bought a few UMD's & this was one of those, So we are back to finding which Motherboard is there in this PSP.

As of now, from the details in that link, we are guessing the PSP we have is of TA-85V2 Motherboard. So hunting for a Pandora battery to get it back to life.

If anyone of you is from Bangalore, can you kindly help me with a few details of where can I find PSP Mods/Pandora Battery in Bang, the last I knew was I can find those in Majestic, at National Market, Honk Kong bazaar, etc. But I'm not sure, if anyone can confirm those then its just a 4hr drive from my place, I can plan next.

Update:
Got a call from Sony regional service guy, I told him that this PSP was gifted to me, so I don't have any Bills, Box etc I just gave him the serial number as asked by him, he said He'll have a chat with their Service dept head about this issue & revert back to me.

Gollum

Collector
well I hacked my psp because I live in a god forsaken place where you cant even buy umd's because they are not available.
my original firmware was v4.21 and I updated it to v5.03 and then used the chickHEN exploit and 3.60cfw enabler.
been using the same eversince.
these days you don't even need to install cfw just obtain a signed game from google and your are done[thanks for leaking the signing keys hackers and sony for noobish coding]

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Wish I knew it before :( , Signed games mean playable from memory stick without CFW??

Another update from Sony India Service, At last they agreed to get this PSP serviced without asking any bill/proof of purchase. The Service executive offered to service it at Bangalore service center, if it doesn't work, then they offered a new PSP-300x for 70% discount.

Still our primary option is to get this old psp back to life using Pandora battery.

Sarath

iDota
If they realise that you trying to install a custom firmware they are most likely to turn averse. Just tell them its not working.

Also you are most likely find stuff in National Market, Blore but beware of what they do and be watchful of your device. My friends have got non functional music players and stuff from them which cant be returned.

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
If they realise that you trying to install a custom firmware they are most likely to turn averse. Just tell them its not working.

Also you are most likely find stuff in National Market, Blore but beware of what they do and be watchful of your device. My friends have got non functional music players and stuff from them which cant be returned.
I guess they might have realized it already.

Top Bottom