Urgent Help needed!! PC restarting abruptly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohancool

Broken In
Hi All,

My PC config is P4 3.0GHz HT, 2GB DDR 400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8400GS PCI Exp Graphics card, 2 x 80GB Samsung and 1 x 360GB Sata HDD.My power supply is Intex 400W. From yesterday,the PC boots fine but after say 3-4 mins after booting, it restarts abruptly.I tried this many times and i am thinking that this may be power supply issue..any answers to what may be wrong??And how can i check the PSU??

OP
S

sohancool

Broken In
No.. it boots properly,shows the windows desktop,loads startup programs and after 2-3 mins restarts suddenly..du u think this is a heating issue since my processor is a prescott?

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
well i'm facing a similar problem too..check this out

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101194

is ur prob. the same or diff.

OP
S

sohancool

Broken In
In my case no blue screen or anything appears..the PC just restarts..so i think its an overheating issue..will also chk out the HDD Health program u have mentioned in ur thread..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Dude, this happens if the heat sink is not properly installed.. Otherwise due to RAM failure...
The last and most possible cause is PSU...U have a intex 400W PSU..rite... I hope there is the problem is...
Change the PSU(Just get ur friends 450 or 500W PSU and check) and see what happens...

If these all not fix ur pbm, then a fresh install of Windows XP may help u...

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Dude, this happens if the heat sink is not properly installed.. Otherwise due to RAM failure...
The last and most possible cause is PSU...U have a intex 400W PSU..rite... I hope there is the problem is...
Change the PSU(Just get ur friends 450 or 500W PSU and check) and see what happens...

If these all not fix ur pbm, then a fresh install of Windows XP may help u...

Change your sig... its not sluttering, its stuttering.... why I am telling this ? Google the word 'slut' ... :lol:

@OP
Have u OC'd ur PC ? If so tone it down. Try ur PC with a different SMPS or RAM. Or boot into safe mode and check for viruses.

OP
S

sohancool

Broken In
No i have not overclocked my PC..will chk RAM also alongwith other PC components..do u think my 400W SMPS is enough? I also have 2 external 80GB HDD's which i have connected to the PC alongwith Sony DVD Writer..Pls suggest

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^400W intex? thats not enough IMO..coz even my 7600GS need a 450W or higher to start working...
Before that i have a 400W PSU and my system restarts all in a sudden and after changing it to 500W PSU it works fine....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^400W intex? thats not enough IMO..coz even my 7600GS need a 450W or higher to start working...
Before that i have a 400W PSU and my system restarts all in a sudden and after changing it to 500W PSU it works fine....

for the 100th time.... I OC'd my 8800GT on a stock VIP 400W PSU and ran it stable 24x7 for 2 months till I got a new CM Ep500W.... and I didnt have any problems... then I dunno if 7600GS is a better card then mine :|.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
dude... do u compare the Zebronics 500W PSU with a Corsair VX450W PSU.. Not at all... I faced the problem and only i said that here...Since our area had a huge power fluctuation we need to get atleast 500W inorder to make it work...Why the same happen to the thread starter..Think so..
And not all PSU's are like VIP ones....(I dunno abt that PSU) but my intex 400W PSU refuse to work with my gfx card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom