Urgent help needed (DOS)

chirayu garg

Journeyman
I copied some file from a Win Xp system having FAT32 file system to a hard disk connected as slave.
The hard disk has DOS installed as OS and have FAT as file system.
The content of folder I copied on to the hard disk is visible in windows system. But when I boot the hard disk in DOS only the folder is being made and the contents inside is not shown.

Please Help.

gameranand

Living to Play
Use Ubuntu Live CD and copy your data where you want. In Ubuntu if its there most probably it will show.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
yes, the dir /a command really works very well. you can view all files in the directory with this command. you can also provide attributes like dir /ah for looking hidden files or dir /as for looking system files.

OP
C

chirayu garg

Journeyman
None of my files are hidden or have any other attributes, so above solutions are of no use.
I will explain again, the contents of the folder are visible in windows Xp when the HDD is connected as slave, but when I boot the HDD, it shows that only the folder is made and inside it no files are there.
Any more intelligent solutions ppl.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^ what is the type & size of the files ur coping on ur DOS HDD

also the root folder in Fat16 can manage a maximum of 512 entries. The use of long file names can significantly reduce the number of available entries.

OP
C

chirayu garg

Journeyman
Actually its an old DOS based software, contains some *.dat* , *.h* and one *.exe* file.
And the size of the entire folder is about 2mb and the size of the HDD is 128MB :)

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
+1 to DOSBOX :)
I also wanted to suggest the same! Using the Dosbox on Windows XP will be useful.

@OP reply back after using DOSBox to let us know it the problem still persists.

Top Bottom