urgent help!!! blue screen restarts !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blademast3r

In the zone
Guys i need help real fast...
my comp keeps givin the dreaded blue screen thing wid numbers and checksums and restarts like every 5 mins!! what do i do????????

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
that Blue Dreaded Screen is known as the " BSOD : Blue Screen Of Death " ....plz give us the exact details of the error that u c in the BSOD !..only then we can help...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
"checksums" - maybe the CMOS battery is dying :))

replace it & check.

"Diagnosis:
The most common cause of checksum errors in CMOS is a battery that is losing power. Viruses can also affect CMOS settings, and motherboard problems can also affect the stored values.
"

^[copy-pasted from here]:))

How to replace the CMOS battery :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
start-->>right click my computer-->>properties-->>advance-->>startup and recovery setting-->>turn off automatic restart

and check for virus...most proable cause.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
yeah sounds like CMOS battery is the problem or overheating, google or Microsofy's knowledge base the error. try a clean boot of the system (msconfig startup tab disable all, services tab Make sure there IS a check in hide all ms services then disable all) then reboot. or boot to safe mode, does it still happen?

OP
blademast3r

blademast3r

In the zone
k heres what the error report says

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000099 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
either buy more RAM, or if you can swap with a friend. if you buy more RAM would suggest at least 512. Are you running any 3rd party firewall/AV? does this happen in safe mode? have you downloaded latest DirectX (9.0c). did you update your video driver recently? is this a name brand computer, or home built? have you tried to boot to ssafe mode and does the error still occur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom